Europe car-free day

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Europe car-free day
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #50
FBM, how can it be unworkable when it works in my country since 156 years?
quote:
by Toaster: Direct Democracy is only one vision of effective democracy. Elections don't work unless the voters are forced in a rather undemocratic manner to vote. ... In a similar manner there should be a serious punishment for failure to vote. ....
This is rubbish. The voter is forced by his interest to change or preserve things. Non voting is self-punishment by excluding yourself of democracy and becoming a lemming.

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #51
If you have too many lemmings in the place where you live, they take you with them dragging you along.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #52
Australia has mandatory voting; the fine for failing to vote is only $20, but it's still enough to make 98% of the population vote. It doesn't seem to make politics in general much better, though.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #53
S.T, I was specifically saying that in nearly every country (with in this case, the exception of Switzerland) on the face of the planet, it is next to impossible to use direct democracy at this time.

This is mainly due to current practices on how voting is conducted and organised.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio

Pages