Newbie...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Newbie...
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #76
Exactly my point.

I am actually helpful and polite in the game fora and also like yourself, am generally not here.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #77
I would like you to point me a topic in which I could help people of things I know about. I don't just pop into topics of astrophysics (sp?), why? Because I have no understanding of astrophysics.

The topics I post in on General are mostly pointless ("hi ima new", "WUT U LISTANING D00D?", "Hey TGM, I hate you!", and the likes). And my posting in them is harmless, I don't piss people (other than you ^^) off. And that's the difference between us.

You ANNOY PEOPLE, I don't, or at least, not as much as you. Next question? ^^

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #78
What is the average airspeed of an unladen swallow?

Well, you did ask.

When I annoy people, I annoy the same people. You actually manage to annoy newbs, of all people! At least I often make exceptions for youth or simple lack of knowledge, but you often place your standards for them too high.

I digress nor do I presently have a gripe against you. My point is that there are next to no oppotunities to be "helpful and nice" on General, and if that is where the standard is set by, Zephyr, myself, Rowen and anyone else unfortunate enough to be canned, whatever the reason, are likely to be canned into the next millenia.

[ Thursday, September 09, 2004 04:49: Message edited by: FatBatMonkey ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4860
Profile Homepage #79
Sorry, perhaps I was a bit unclear.. Bring me a topic I'm interested in, know something about, and yes, I'll Goddamn be polite and helpful. As you (intentionally) failed to do that, I feel forced to cry under my bed for five minutes.

quote:
When I annoy people, I annoy the same people. You actually manage to annoy newbs, of all people! At least I often make exceptions for youth or simple lack of knowledge, but you often place your standards for them too high.
Oh yes, you have a point. It wasn't me who is friends with OM, RC.. even Zephyr. Oh yes, they were (are?) newbies.

[edit:] please note, OM was disliked my majority of the community at the time

quote:
I digress nor do I presently have a gripe against you.
I'd say the same thing, but seeing as you just won't get a clue and stop being an unintentional 'comedician', I can't. :(

quote:
My point is that there are next to no oppotunities to be "helpful and nice" on General, and if that is where the standard is set by, Zephyr, myself, Rowen and anyone else unfortunate enough to be canned, whatever the reason, are likely to be canned into the next millenia.
Zephyr - canned for spam and annoying people greatly - has now stopped doing that, but has no real good deeds on his account. The direction's right, though.

Rowen - canned for those "x post of the topic!" posts of his/her, from what I've gathered.

FBM - canned for rather widely known reasons, even though he doesn't seem to understand them himself.

HUAHUAHUA

[ Thursday, September 09, 2004 05:04: Message edited by: Finnbot 2.0 ]

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #80
TGM is a sick puppy, but he is our sick puppy ^^
Besides, he is a very valuable part of the community and has earned a custom title to prove that, on some of his accounts.

[ Thursday, September 09, 2004 08:35: Message edited by: Wolfiewoobles ]

--------------------
Bending, but not in the way you might imagine.
BANNED
Member # 4860
Profile Homepage #81
Valuable part of the community? Liar. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #82
No, in a way you are a valuble part of the community.

You were, however perfectly clear with your point about being "polite and helpful", I merely phrased my words in a way which seem to project a negative.

This is besides the point, as you actually managed to put the point I was getting at in a better way.

And while you have your tolerance to some, you call others idiots and fools, the last time being yesterday. Which was my point exactly.

Once again I digress, the point in totallity was that it is next to impossible to get de-canned, as it were. Zephyr is living proof, he has not engaged in any form of spam for months upon months, yet despite his best efforts, he seems unable to perform any "good deeds" due to a lack of opportunities arising.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #83
quote:
And while you have your tolerance to some, you call others idiots and fools, the last time being yesterday. Which was my point exactly.
You mean the guy on BoA editor who posted what, four or five topics in a row? He is both a fool and an idiot, you silly Englishman. :P

[added the "silly Englishman"-part, yay!]

[ Thursday, September 09, 2004 05:27: Message edited by: Olga Bulsavir ]

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #84
It would have been kinder to have actually have told him that it would have been a better idea to have compiled all of his questions into one topic, instead of multiples. Instead of just calling him an idiot?

Ahh, Finns. Tut-tut.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 2531
Profile Homepage #85
Being cruel towards morons is in my genes. I can't help it. ^^

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]

\w/ ò_Ó \w/

Pages