Registering

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Registering
Apprentice
Member # 4900
Profile #0
Hey, Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if I register the games, It doesn't reset all the games and I have to start over does it?
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #1
No, don't worry. Registering just unlocks the rest of the game.
What game(s) do you plan on buying anyway?

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Apprentice
Member # 4900
Profile #2
Right now just A1, then A2, then A3, then BoA - Exile looked like almost the exact same thing to me (it probably isn't, but thats what it looked like) and Gene whatever its called didn't really appeal to me. Avernum rocks tho. Thanks for asking man
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #3
Erm... actually Avernum was the remake of the Exiles, just with completely revamped. The story's the same, just the gameplay is very different.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Exile pretty much is the same thing as Avernum. The spell system is a little different and the graphics are different, but, well, yeah, this page describes it in some detail.

EDIT: Roughly same time as FBM. Yeah.

[ Thursday, August 26, 2004 08:49: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4889
Profile Homepage #5
I prefer the exile's over avernum alot, so i would try both if i were you before registering one ;)

--------------------
Its just my opinion,i could be wrong.

Lothgar Gaming!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
It's a matter of opinion. Spidwebbers who cut their teeth on Exile often prefer the Exiles, while latecomers often think Avernum is better.

—Alorael, who prefers Avernum despite cutting his teeth on Exile. He's a dangerous renegade and/or a slave to the whims of trendy fashion.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
I like Exile better because, well, frankly it's the only one I've played. But I think you should get both because of the difference involved, and then you'd have a good general knowledge on both. Also, I've heard the BoE editor is much easier to use than BoA...

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #8
You can download any of the Exiles and take a look for yourself. They are rather nice games, and having more spells as well as more people in the party may be considered a plus. Also the graphics are wonderful.

Geneforge is not that bad. Did you play the demo?

Oh, and if you liked the Avernum, how about trying Nethergate, it was the first game with that engine and it's rather neat.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #9
I must admit, despite my loyalty, my favourite Spiderweb game is Nethergate. The only, only problem with it, was that, in my opinion, it was too short.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
I really don't understand why people always complain about Nethergate being too short. If you play as both sides and do all the sidequests, there's at least a solid couple of weeks of gameplay in it.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #11
Actually, you'd be surpised. My record for a good-length game was Lost Eden in 1hr 47mins. It was the first time I'd played it.

Each side of Nethergate, with three/four hours a day took me just over a week each. All sidequests complete. All places visited.

I just find games really easy once I understand them. I also find cheating abhorrent.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #12
Back to the topic, you might even want to start over, you know, new game, new places, new party, fresh start. But then again, that's my opinion; it may not be yours. Yes, and you should play at least the demos of the other games so you know what they're like before you decide which one you like best; you may very well change your mind.

EDIT: BtW, FBM, what does abhorrent mean?

[ Friday, August 27, 2004 15:47: Message edited by: The Great 4808 ]

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
Main Entry: ab·hor·rent
Pronunciation: -&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin abhorrent-, abhorrens, present participle of abhorrEre
1 a archaic : strongly opposed b : feeling or showing abhorrence
2 : not agreeable : CONTRARY <a notion abhorrent to their philosophy>
3 : being so repugnant as to stir up positive antagonism <acts abhorrent to every right-minded person>

—Alorael, who happens to think that Nethergate is great whether or not it's short. Sure, it would be nice for it to be longer, but it doesn't feel like an incomplete game.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #14
Ask dictionary.com .

EDIT: Never mind.

The saved game files should be in a seperate folder - I'm not sure how it works on PCs - but they will be untouched. You downloaded the full game, and you're not getting a new version or anything, you're just unlocking it.

Nethergate seems a bit... old, almost amature, too me. It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't feel professional. Certainly worth it, though.

[ Friday, August 27, 2004 15:55: Message edited by: Lady Davida ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.