Like throwing rocks at people?!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Like throwing rocks at people?!
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #0
Okay, we all know how fun it is to just lob rocks at random passerby, right? And that it's even more fun if you do it from an above-ground-level window, right? And of course doing it while you're playing Dance Dance Retribution is even more fun if you defenestrate the rocks, although it doesn't really match up to throwing yourself, right? Well, I figured out a way to make it even more fun!

The first thing you need to do is clear an area next to a second floor window, although third floor or higher is preferred. Not more than ten though or it'll mess up your accuracy. Okay, got it cleared? Good. Now you need to make sure that there's an open space directly under your window, so that people will walk under it. Actually, you probably should've done that first. Then you need to assemble a bunch of large, flat-sided boulders, all with exactly enough mass to shape out various shapes of four cubes. Making or chiseling down your own is acceptable if you can't find them just laying around. You also need to buy or "borrow" a really big game console. Not like a GameCube or a PS2 or even the NES or Atari 2600. YOu need a really bigconsole, with a built-in 124-inch monitor and a personal generator at the very least. You may also want to scope out a potential target; learn their schedule, and stuff. Now here's when things get fun.

You'll need one more item to succed in your sacred quest: TetrisBorg 8000! That's right - once you have this game you can finally begin. You need to insert the photonic cartridge into your console (you did remember to get one, right?) and then hook the wires and visor goggles that came with it onto your head and arms. Normally these would only translate your thoughts and motion into input suitable for gameplay, but since you've hooked it up to your leet system you should be able to hack directly into your brain and optic and reflexive nerves! You can probably figure that part out on your own. Now that you've finally done all that, ignore any pain and wait for your target to arrive...

You see, by installing TetrisBorg 8000 into your mind, you've effectively used the game's processing to render the world in an awesome 8-Bit external viewpoint! That basically means that you'll be able to see yourself and the action from a floating viewpoint outside the building, giving you a much better view of your hapless targets, not to mention that you've overclocked your reflexes and perception by at least 1000 percent. Once they're in position, it's time to unleash the rocks! Remember those large stones I told you to get? Notice how they're all the same size but different shapes, composed of four blocks? That's right! There's a reason I told you to get TetrisBorg 8000 instead of, say, Cave Dig, or Niyuki-chan's Adventure in Sarabiland, or Joel's Adventure. Use your super-enhanced vision and reflexes to drop the blocks in precision form, burying the one foolish enough to enter your domain under a hail of earthen fury! 100,000 bonus points if you do it with a Tetris!

And there you have it! I hope you find this method as enjoyable as I do! Just be sure to take the equipment off if you start to feel any mild vibrating or buzzing, or if you start to smoke or emit beams of light from your eyes (unless you do that normally). Have fun! =^.^=

Notes!
A "Tetris" is the term for when you clear four rows of blocks at once. This can only be done with the straight, or I-shaped, tetris block. I don't really know how many points it's generally worth, I've never really played Tetris all that much and there are a bazillion different versions of it floating around. =^.^=;
Niyuki-chan's Adventures in Sarabiland is the latest in a series of games I've wanted to make about "my" characters.

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Vote Richter! Belmont in 2004!
Apprentice
Member # 1852
Profile #1
Thats probably one of the longest/pointless topics I've seen in a while. You must be pretty bored. You know, instead of coming up with the idea for that topic and writing it all out, you could have been playing a really nice game called 'Avernum'.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #2
Given Avernum was written because Jeff was too lazy to think up a new idea for a game I can't help thinking that your point has a fatal flaw.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by crowsfein18:

Thats probably one of the longest/pointless topics I've seen in a while. You must be pretty bored. You know, instead of coming up with the idea for that topic and writing it all out, you could have been playing a really nice game called 'Avernum'.
Nope, sometimes writing or drawing out my ideas is just more fun. =^.^=

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
I lost you on the fourth paragraph when you got to the mind manipulation and thought transformed into muscular movements or something like that. If these are what all your ideas are like, you must have quite an imagination. Usually when I come up with ideas, I come up with ones that could be feasible done without creating new spacial demensions.

Even with extra dimensions, it would take a Bill Gates savings account to accomplish it. Even then, as much as I love to throw rocks at people (or throw rocks in general, if you will), there is getting less and less places and times to do it. If you live in town and you're my age, you're always getting bombarded with parental stoppings of the art of rock throwing, especially at other people. Shoot, we can't even throw snowballs at school because the principal must think they're lethal. Huh, a little water, killing someone. I see no point.

Anyway, speaking for those of use who could type for three pages straight on rather pointless topic, I think I'd better call it quits for now.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #5
Why couldn't you put this in the Galactic Core forum?[/whiny voice]

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #6
Okay, I haven't ever had the need to say it before, but that really counts as tl, dr. I got maybe, to the fifth paragraph before my brain tried to escape.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #7
I found that quite interesting, actually, even enlightening. I'll try it next time I'm in New York City. About the height of the building, though, does that really matter? I mean, with a Tetris-enhanced body, I wouldn't even take aiming problems into consideration.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #8
Good point, Davida. I think the main problem here is that the average Tetris field is only a certain number of rows deep - I haven't measured exactly - so really the only thing you have to worry about is your particular version of Tetris not being able to handle the sheer size of your "playing field". That actually shouldn't be a problem with all of the stuff I mentioned and a strong enough power grid, though. Hmm...

And as an aside, I didn't write this because I was bored, I wrote it because I had an idea that I thought people would find amusing.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #9
Er... yeah. Just stay at your house until the people from the Hospital get there to help you. :P

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok