down with the world of avernum

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: down with the world of avernum
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #25
*Gasps in shock horror* Banana Splits!!

I loved that! That was great! Everytime it came on you could guarantee I'd be watching it singing along to the theme tune!

Though that's an interesting point you raise re: Astro Boy. I never saw the original 50's cartoon, but there is a new cartoon on kid's tv nowadays that is called Astro Boy. It is however, definately newish.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #26
Okay, this isn't action heros or anything(or on TV), but I love the Bloom County comics. I mean, they were electing a dead cat for president .

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 17:59: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #27
I liked Johnny Quest. Didn't they advertise him with the slogan "The Real Adventure!" or something like that. That was exactly what it was, though.

He-Man was silly. Or is silly, as you can watch our beloved prince beating the violet skeleton every Saturday morning in Finland. Retro is in over here, you see. I try to wake up in time to watch it, just for the laughs.

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #28
Xan: I am not surprised Jonny scared you as a kid. It was very intense show. As adults (hey! okay. as people a little older, better?) we may laugh, but man. It was intense.

FBM: Haven't seen the newish Astro Boy, the old one was very reminiscent of old B&W Disney cartoons, Ub Iwerks and, of course, it was still very definite Japanese anime in style.
Glad you like B.S. (Banana Splits, not the bull. . .) I still find myself singing that song from time to time.

Nicothedes: Dang. Can't read the comic book, they are a rarity in this neck of the woods. I miss so much reading and collecting them. But having elected a dead cat as a president sounds too good. I shall write it down in the list of comics I'm gonna buy when and if I'm in the States again.

He-Man. Heh.

Eldiran: P.R as the final boss of an scenario?! You jest! Still just to see something like that in the "flesh". . .

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #29
Ummmm.....Pandolfo the Pugilist of Ooze I never said anything.

--------------------
I am the way into the doleful city
I am the way into eternal grief,
I am the way to a foresaken race.
Justice it was that moved my great creator;
Divine omnipotence created me,
And highest wisdom joined with primal love.
Before me nothing but eternal things
Were made, and I shall last eternally
Abandon all hope, all you who enter.

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #30
MasterXan did, though.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
I was about 5 when I saw the original series of Astroboy so I can't really comment on it (the only episodes I have even a vague memory of are the ones with the flying snow leopard and the exploding girl) except to say that I watched it for quite a while so I must've enjoyed it. Oh, and I can also hum a few bars of the theme song but don't remember the words.

I've tried to watch the new version, but the dubbing is just too awful. Maybe if I can find it subtitled I'll give it a look.

[ Friday, July 23, 2004 06:30: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Apprentice
Member # 4423
Profile #32
Actually, don't take that seriously. I didn't watch Johnny Quest and then have nightmares. I ran away from the seemingly endless stupidity of the show. Never understood it and wasn't willing to wait around long enough for it to make sense... I was much more into things like He-Man (where everything was simple; good guy is big and strong, he beats up stupid evil skeleton).

Now that I look back, it was rather silly of me. But since when are kids logical?

BTW, what are you doing with my name? ;)

--------------------
"When your teacher needs a calculator to add up how many you missed more than you need a calculator to take a calc test, that's bad."
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #33
Pandolfo the Pugilist of Ooze, my screen name is Nicoth o des, not Nicothedes. Just think character of The Merlin Conspiracy. To keep this in topic, I really like Usagi Yojimbo(manga). He's a samurai bunny. :D

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #34
Back to the topic, Treota, I have a great idea for you!

Rev up the BoA scenario editor and create a scenario exactly like (or as close as you can) to Avernum 3. Then you can distribute it and let everybody download a free copy of A3. :) :)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #35
But people would have to buy BoA to play it...?

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #36
Well, people can buy BoA and then get A3 free. Sort of a Spiderweb "buy one, get one free" sale. Without Jeff's permission.

Speaking of Jeff, he would probably trash a scenario like that anyway instead of putting on the scenario list. You could put it on somebody's website, though, and then you'd have bragging rights.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #37
Nicothodes: Sorry about the typo of your name. Usagi is awesome. Simply brilliant.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #38
Bragging rights...? Like "Look at me, I was stupid enough to waste a decent-sized portion of my life on rewriting Avernum 3 for Blades of Avernum and watching as 90% of people just played A3 instead!"?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #39
That's even if Jeff doesn't legally punch you in the stomach and then spit on you for copyright violation, which I imagine he would. A3 may very well still be his number one seller right now, and I don't think he'd like to take a hit in the pocketbook.

Besides, copying A3 would be a nightmare. It's really, really not worth it.

—Alorael, who wouldn't trust an A3 knockoff anyway. It would be too easy to miss the little quests and details, of which there are many.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #40
Well, he was looking for something to do...

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages