Another wierd email

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Another wierd email
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
I just received this email. I think it is poppycock. But As I rarely receive emails, I thought it was interesting.

PLEASE ENDEAVOURS TO USE IT FOR THE CHILDREN OF GOD.

I am the above named person from Malaysia but now
undergoing medical treatment now.I am married to Late Dr.Alan George Buch who worked with Malaysia embassy in South Africa for nine years before
he died in the year 2003. We were married for eleven years without a child. and we were Great members of the fortune city couples club,and our dream has always being to help The less privilege children and adults in our society.until recently death took away my Lovely husband.

He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death we were both born again Christians. Since his death I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive he
deposited the sum of$8.6Million (eight Million six hundred thousand U.S. Dollars) with one
finance/security company in Europe.

Presently, this money is still with the Financial Company in Europe. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months due to cancer problem.
Though what disturbs me most is my stroke. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to church or better still a Christian individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. so I decided I contact A fellow God fearing member of the FORTUNE CITY CLUB [INTERNATIONAL COUPLES] that will use this to fund to assist orphanages homes, widows, and the less privilege in our society propagating the word of God and to ensure that this funds is used judiously for the purpose it is meant for.

I took this decision because I don’t have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don’t want my husband?s hard
earned money to be misused by unbelievers. I don’t want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner, hence the reason for taking this bold
decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.

Exodus 14 VS 14 says that the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace. I don’t need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health, and because of the presence of my husband’s relatives around me always. I don’t want them to know about this development. With God all things are possible.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Finance/Security
Company in Europe. I will also issue you a letter of authority through my attorney Advocate Smith Edward Fevinn who has his chambers in the Netherlands, this letter will empower you as the original- beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the
church and all other members of FORTUNE CITY CLUB to always pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth. Please always be prayerful
all through your life.

Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for a church or
Christian individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein.

Hoping to hear from and wishing

Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.

Yours in Christ,
Mrs. Esther buch.
You can reach me on
-------------------
-------------------

I removed the contacts because I'm sure there are jerks on here that would reply for the fun of it.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #1
Most diseases take longer than four days to kill.

Sounds suspicious, doesn't it?

[ Tuesday, July 06, 2004 11:19: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #2
Quite frankly, you must have both been living under rocks for you not to have heard of these scams before. There are thousands of people trying to ply this scam on the Net - they only need one "sympathetic" person to make it worthwhile.

Oh, and Zephyr? Cancer and strokes are both leading causes of death in the Western world. They really aren't all that rare (1 in 3 people will get cancer at some point in their life).

[ Tuesday, July 06, 2004 10:48: Message edited by: Morgan ]
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
I really don't understand the point of these scams. What do they do for the spammer? It's not like you'd be giving out any personal information for them to use against you. If you would like some more the like, I can send you some. In fact, send everything like it to me!

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #4
Does this type of scam have a name?

And alzheimer's disease is the fourth leading cause of death in adults.

THERE'S APPROXIMATELY 33% CHANCE I'LL GET CANCER? I BLAME THE SMOKERS! CIGGARETTTE SMOKE CONTAINS CARCINOGENIC CHEMICALS!!!!! And it makes the walls of my throat swell until it's not exposed to it. And it burns my eyes. Perhaps I'm allergic to something in the smoke...

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #5
An old scam. You can find out info about it at any number of U.S. government agencies. Here's a link to the DoJ's info on these scams:

http://www.justiceonline.org/consum/nigerian.html

Enjoy!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #6
Hey, I can't help it that I rarely get emails. I am happy in the fact that I don't receive much Spam. From the sound of things, you must enjoy getting it. I don't go around reseacrhing scams either. I could care less.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
What is amusing is just the fact that people from some remote third-world region send this stuff to people all over the world and actually expect people to fall for it in spite of the bad grammar (and in spite of it having been around for almost ten years, and being one of the most famous email scams to date, altogether known as the 'Nigeria-Connection').

What is less amusing is that people actually fall for it. The kind who do are usually either greedy, dumb or really really desperate for money (so actually good company for the scammers in each case). Either way, if you really want to get rich, I advise you to play the lottery instead. You pay a hundredth of what these people usually cheat you out of, and have infinitely better odds of getting any money at all. Minus the hold-ups, beatings and murders in some lone African hotel. ;)

[ Tuesday, July 06, 2004 12:28: Message edited by: Aran: Traditional Cashmere Sweater ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
A four day disease is unlikely unless you refuse to see a doctor or get a criminal erroneous diagnosis. You can die extremely quickly from a number of conditions, but they're unlikely to be termed diseases. Heart disease, yes, but it's the heart failure that's lethal and that's not a disease. Strokes are events as well. I can't think of anything that kills in four days short of the exotic quarantine-worthy disasters like Ebola.

—Alorael, who actually likes some scams. At least they're more entertaining to read than the endless diploma, insurance, free vacation, male enhancement, and FREE PRON!!!111 advertisements.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #9
could it not be a disease where just the obvious symptoms dont show up until the final few days of the disease?

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #10
Scamming the scammers:

P-P-P-Power Book!!!!

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
:eek:

That's the nastiest, coolest, funniest, most stylish scam I've EVER SEEN! Next to that, anything I might manage to do to Mr. Masari dwindles into irrelevance...

I've seen some other 'scammer-scams', where the scam victim managed to actually swindle the scammer out of 50 $ for a bail, because the victim supposedly ended up in prison for trying to vandalize windmills with a lance, while on horseback in full armor... :D

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Apprentice
Member # 4398
Profile Homepage #12
That. W-W-W-Was. Awesome.

Who would have thought ebay could be used for good, instead of- ... wait, it was still evil. But it was DAMNED funny !

--------------------
Part of a shot contest is knowing when to say "Yeah, I'm done", and not yelling "Frrreeedom !" like William Wallace instead.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
That page mentions someone called OMGWTFBBQ... I've heard that before somewhere. Is it a widespread acronym, thus that several people might use it as a moniker? And does it stand for Oh My God What the F* Barbecue, or something else?

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #14
Hey man - just trying to be helpful and informative! Little research involved - my job just keeps me aware of the goings on at regulatory agencies. :D :D :D

[ Wednesday, July 07, 2004 10:14: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]