Zhuu Buxu and Me: Creativity

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Zhuu Buxu and Me: Creativity
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #0
I was both curious and I've come to the realization that I haven't been meeting my post quota, so I was wondering...

How many of you here engage in some form of creativity? Writing (even Addventures and RPing count) or drawing? Programming? Anything?

=^.^=

(The Zhuu Buxu in the title is a reference to Zhuu Buxu the Silent, a unique monster in Final Fantasy XI [which I haven't played in over a week...] that kills me almost every time I go to the Giddeus region. It kills me badly with its ninja skills. Seriously.)

[ Friday, June 25, 2004 17:21: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #1
I'm an avid amateur photographer, as well as a uh, fair digital artist. I don't have many links up for that, but I was creating a game with Coldstone at one time, until it got shelved :(

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #2
Oh, sculpture, 2-dimensional art (pencil specifically), quite a fair amount of digital art, which actually isn't half bad, and I've taken a few digital media classes, not to mention I'm a Thespian (drama, baby!), and play the string bass (which, incidentally, is the best instrument in current existence), and I do a fair amount of creative writing.

And yeah, that's about it.

Edit: EFf iN kEYbo A rd

[ Friday, June 25, 2004 18:45: Message edited by: Robin ]

--------------------
Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #3
Hello. I do a fair share of writing, though all of it is the unpublished kind. Maybe some day that will change.
That´s about it.
Can´t draw beyond stick figures.
Can´t play anything but the radio, which at least makes me happy.
Cheers!

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Lots and lots of writing. Poetry, short stories, longer stories, one unpublished novel, some scenes and a short play for the theater... yeah.

I have also recently taken up designing scenarios for Blades, which I would imagine counts.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #5
I 'compose' music. I write both lyrics, and fictional texts. I suck at drawing, but like it anyway. I also tend to like singing, even though I'm worse in it than, say, the contestants in Eurovision Sing Contests.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #6
I write a little. Nothing I'd want to publish. Other than that, poor motor skills and lack of patience and imagination put a stop to creativity.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
I attempt to write, occasionally. Roleplaying, some stories, compendium entries for a 'world creation project' called the Santharian Dream...

As of my last count, I'm at 100k words in total though, so I still have some a *long* way to go before it's even worth reading. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Writing seems to be a common theme here. I write as well, and I have been published in a fashion. It's still nothing I'd care to have shouted abroad, so you'll have to find it for yourself if you're really curious.

I also enjoy setting impossible tasks.

?Alorael, who does a very small amount of programming in his spare time. He is even more ashamed of his coding than he is of his writing. At least his writing never causes enormous system crashes and more than occasionally has a beginning, middle, and end.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #9
I write poetry and fiction, theories and philosophy.

I used to draw all the time, and I'm still quite good when I get around to doing it--creatures, scenes, and people.... specifically pen & ink.

I compose music on my guitar, with as much care as I do my literary works. My music has been influenced by jazz and rock (but due to my classical training it all makes musicial sense)--though the connection to jazz is more in chord structure than the traditional swing-rythm though.

--------------------
Which word of four letters can be added to the front of the following words to create other English words? CARD BOX CODE BAG HASTE
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
It's not really unexpected that writing is the favorite creative activity of the majority here. Consider that

a. Spiderweb Software produces games that are more appealing plotwise than graphically (no matter what their creator or certain others might say).

b. This is a forum, ie. a tool of communication in written form.

Thus, what collects here is a whole lot of people who have too much spare time on their hands (or they wouldn't be playing games), a liking for good stories (or they wouldn't be playing these particular games), and good writing skills (well, most of us anyway). A natural breeding ground for hobby authors. IMAGE(smile000.gif)

--------------------
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Lifecrafter
Member # 375
Profile #11
I really like writing, and I've also started designing scenarios when I have writer's block. Drawing's a good hobby as well, but I don't do it as much the other two.

--------------------
That is why particles of milk fat stay together and form insoluble globules.
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #12
I write too. A simply terrible fantasy novel, and plays in verse. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

I also draw. A lot. And play electric bass. Sorta.

--------------------
It is Rosycat, obviously.

"This was like having Arctic, Thuryl, Khoth, TM, and Scorpius with me naked in a broom closet full of tentacles"
- Sir Motrax

Polaris
My BoE graphics
njinje_njintje@hotmail.com[/url] wants to hear from YOU!
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #13
#375? Were you originally vgmaster or was that somebody else? Either way, I remember you from way back when. It's also nice that the 'I'm back' thread has been forsaken. More power to avoidance of the new topic button!

Aran, I'm going to quibble (because otherwise this post is spam) and say that setting rather than the fairly simplistic plots are what make the Spiderweb games attractive. That and the fact that you get the first quarter free.

Would anybody like to post links to their writings?

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

It's not really unexpected that writing is the favorite creative activity of the majority here. ...
...Thus, what collects here is a whole lot of people who have ........ good writing skills (well, most of us anyway). A natural breeding ground for hobby authors. IMAGE(smile000.gif)

at the risk that I repeat myself: That for I would encourage my english class to play Spiderwebgames, if I would be a teacher.
But I'm a writer too and I make recycling art. What means: I can't look at a piece of rubbish, without seeing immediately its sculptural potential. I make wearable things and furniture in unique edition. It's kind of alchemy: producing gold from dirt.

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #15
I write, or try to. I've also created a few ugly little things with MSPaint and a few obscene webcomics of variable success.

Oh, and then there's the whole Desp thing. I'm like a big, mediocre renaissance man, aren't I?

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #16
A more accurate description would be "The Being of Art", I think.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #17
I do three things artfully: orate, game (especially strategy) and philosophise.

My writing skill are on average, strictly average. Due to dyspraxia, practical art is right out.

In fact, the closest I ever got to one of the accepted art forms is when a tree fell on our car and we offered it to the Tate Modern. It was rejected, but that sort of "art" is hit and miss. The tree hit, the result missed.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #18
YUC (that okay for your name?) I'd love to post some of my writing somewhere, just because once in a while I feel the extreme urge to be ridiculed.
But. Have no website. Where do I do this?

spy.there: they aren't SW game, but sometimes in the class I bring short rp games. Basically characters I make on the spot and distribute. It forces them all to talk (which is an excruciating thing to do sometimes) and something new for many of them.

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #19
"Your Unborn Child" is known to most as Bob the Impaler or BtI.

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
If I'm lucky I'll never have to witness you "philosophising" artfully, FBM. Witnessing your astonishing mastery of the art of modesty is bad enough. IMAGE(smile000.gif)

I've sometimes played with the thought of showing some of the play-by-post roleplays here to my English teacher, but there's never been an opportunity (unfortunately we were long through with literature when I participated in my first roleplay here).

[ Tuesday, June 29, 2004 10:12: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #21
BSC, if you email them to bob_the_impaler@hotmail.com I could upload them to my webspace.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #22
Ah who needs modesty, when one has actual skills?

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!