BoA and BoE

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoA and BoE
Apprentice
Member # 3305
Profile #0
A survey on BoA and BoE popularity.

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=IercGcFrIBwp"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=IercGcFrIBwp"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow0.gif)     IMAGE(voteresu.gif)

--------------------
Hmm... can't think of anything clever like some of the rest of you all so this will have to do...
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #1
I think BoA will shadow BoE if, and only if the level designers put out quality levels.
It's also my opinion that the gaming industry has more to choose from now (as opposed to when BoE was released), and scenario creating popularity might not be as great because it's too easy to just download another game than make a scenario, or even use one of the game creation tools. I may be wrong though, I hope I am.

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #2
OMG! It's another episode of: The Topic that Kept on Coming up Again and Again Despite Having Been Done to Death Already!

But seriously, BoA is supposed to be pretty good, the real test will be the quality of scenario that comes from it. Right now BoE has hordes of quality scens (though a few that should have been buried at birth), it is merely a matter of whether BoA can match or beat that.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #3
If the past teache sus anything, its that Exile will forever outshadow Avernum.

--------------------
-Sylak, the inadvertant killer of threads
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
1. I'm not quite sure what outshadowing is.

2. Whatever it is, I'm fairly certain that a significant percentage of Spiderwebbers would disagree that Exile does it to Avernum.

?Alorael, who thinks he's probably part of that percentage. BoA even more so than the other games; whether you love or hate the Avernum engine, you can't argue that the BoA scripts give much more power to the scenario designers than BoE's nodes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #5
Which is why "Ernest Goes To Camp" is better than the Sistine Chapel.

--------------------
They want to have a war to keep their factories
They want to have a war to keep us on our knees
They want to have a war to stop us buying Japanese
They want to have a war to stop industrial disease
They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind
They want to suck your energy, incarcerate your mind
Give you Rule Brittania, gassy beer, page three
Two weeks in Hispania and sunday striptease
Meanwhile, the first Jesus says, "I'll cure it soon
Abolish Monday mornings and Friday afternoons"
The other one's out on hunger strike, he's dying by degrees