Honor and Decency. What are they? Race horses?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Honor and Decency. What are they? Race horses?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
Ah, screw it. I don't care anymore. Why try to promote good common sense and decency? It's like trying to get people to understand that gay marriage is about love, honor and respect. Not just the word, "marriage."

[ Thursday, February 19, 2004 22:12: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #1
well, i prefer to stay neutral (or try in vain to be so), but to be honest with you, this is one of the friendliest communities i've ever seen. the Battle.net forums are, well... let's just say you'll see half a thread page of flames before you get anything resembling 'friendly'.

anyway... i really don't think it's realistic to expect all the people to be gentle and perpetually calm and mother-like... in fact, i've had my first RP character PARODIED, in the same RP, as an idiot fighter who dressed in black. now of course, he isn't one, but at the time my English was horrible. my point is, sometimes you really gotta live with the negativity of others... just look on the bright side, it's kinda like their way of saying, "Hey man, you're not really good yet, but you got potential. It's just that you could try changing a few things here and there, and/or revising this and that."

when you don't actually think of every negative or sarcastic remark as an insult against your humanity and right to live, you know, the magnitude of such, uh, 'badness' isn't really that deep.

EDIT: this must be one of my longest non-IC, non-article posts EVER, hehehe. IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/cool.gif)

[ Thursday, February 19, 2004 18:16: Message edited by: Generic Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #2
Stop being such a goddamn drama queen and act your age.

Seriously, this is the kind of crap I expect from irritatingly precocious 13-year-olds, but not from someone your age. If Spiderweb was any nicer, it'd be "Kumbaya Land for Sensitive Hippies."

--------------------
You are my precious thing
Thing of speed and beauty,
You are my precious thing
As long as you remain beneath me
-- Big Black
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #3
I'm thinking someone made this guy look dumb in a RP. IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/rolleyes.gif)
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #4
yea, but he didn't receive the insult of a supposedly cunning blademaster parodied into a dopey fighter with a 6-foot-long sword, in that very same RP.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #5
I'm thinking you people need to learn about hugs. Miracle workers, I swear!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #6
MSW - the whole world does not revolve around you. Learn that.

--------------------
I AM TEH BOOGEYMAN CORP.

--------------------

And since the stupid link won't work, I'll use this one:
Chance Forums
Apprentice
Member # 4004
Profile #7
If you're going to leave, then leave. Otherwise, shut up.

--------------------
The small african nation of Chad has changed it's name to Debbie, and in the spirit of Third World solidarity, Tanzania has changed its name to Brian.
This just in: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead...
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #8
Now I understand what it was like for Christopher Columbus to try to teach common sense to one of the crowned heads of Europe.

[ Thursday, February 19, 2004 22:06: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 3285
Profile #9
Ok, seriously. Making a post like this is in it's own way making you look like you are screaming out for attention. I think I need to introduce you to a certain concept. This, is the internet. If some people say a few things and you get sore about it and try to start a discussion about how they shouldn't have said those things, then people are not going to look very highly of you. If you wanted professional opinions, message boards on the internet like this one are not always the best places to go to get that. If your going to do anything along the lines of liberal arts and such, you going to always receive a mix of helpfull responses, and repsonses that are not very nice. Why is that, you may wonder. It's because People have their own Opinions on things and will voice those opinions, no matter what you think they should do. People act the way they want to, not how you want them to act.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #10
You can close this topic now Imban, there's a draft coming in. IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/biggrin.gif)IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/rolleyes.gif)IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/cool.gif)

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #11
Eh, MSW, it would be better if you didn't edit all of your posts down to nearly nothing so soon after making them. It makes coming back here after a few hours away so utterly disorienting. I suppose I can assume quite well what manner of statements you made in many of these posts, though, judging by the responses.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #12
Sorry about that. As part of my bipolar disorder, my mood can change drasticly. I go on a rampage when I am angry. IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/frown.gif)

But I also have been having severe problems with my short term memory in the last six months. I can later come back to a topic I created earlier in the day and have basicly forgotten why I was so angry to start with and why I was making so big of a deal out of something so trivial.

I then panic and try to undo whatever damage I did. That's why I removed most of my protest posts. I wanted to erase this incident from my memory. Unfortunately, the damage has already been done. IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/frown.gif)

On top of that, my usual confident, who advises me as to whether posting the topics that I sometimes do in one of these irrational rages is a good idea or not, wasn't around to calm me down and talk sense to me.

On top of that, I forgot to take my medication this morning, and without it, I can be rather irrational about simple things.

I have to remember to take my pills more often or this could be something that happenes more often. And I seriously don't want that to happen. It's bad enough that I lost control like I did today.

I am already ashamed that I left it happen. I am not like this in real life at all when my pills are in my system. IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/frown.gif)IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/frown.gif)

Once again. I am very sorry. IMAGE(Honor and Decency What are they Race horses_files/frown.gif)

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #13
That doesn't still change the fact that this whole damn thing is getting quite pathetic. If you're leaving, leave. If not, don't. That simple. We're not changing. To do that you need a bit more than two topics in which you share your knowledge. You see, all of SW's members are just people. Different people, that is. Different people who all have different opinions, just like they should. To change that you'll need to wait until the whole world is destoyed in a nuclear war.

Oh, and ignore all of the text above besides the two one and a half lines. All below those are just crap mostly unrelated to the subject.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #14
I miss the days when there was real anger and savagery on these boards.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #15
I miss the plotting.

--------------------
Saundersw3: And bitter is better!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
In other words, we miss Misc. even now, long after it has vanished into the mist. I apologize shallowly and insincerely for the puns.

—Alorael, who has already said what he has to say on the actual topic. You can stay, but people are unlikely to change. You can leave, and people are still unlikely to change. It's your choice.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #17
Ah, I remember voting for Logo, oh yes...
Oh yeah, and before I forget, a legitimate suggestion:
STOP BEING SO GOD DAMNED EMO!!!!!thx

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #18
This thread has sagged below the minimum safe elevation.