What MB software do you prefer?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What MB software do you prefer?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #0
SO, i was going over a couple message boards, and realized there where major and minor diffrences between boards. SO i asked someone what software they preferd, and i though, "Hey, why not go around to diffrent forums, each using a diffrent MB software, and ask?" SO, could you vote then give the reason why you like that one?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 14 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=RIdRJGfeYjaM"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=RIdRJGfeYjaM"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_windowIMAGE(What MB software do you prefer_files/votenow.gif)[/url]     IMAGE(What MB software do you prefer_files/voteresults.gif)[/url]

--------------------
-Sylak
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #1
phpBB plus and Invision Powered. They're both pretty good, and MUCH better than UBB.

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #2
I like vBulletin, and Invision isn't bad. UBB is one of the worst.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Yes. UBB has a very nice (if commonly abused) poll feature, but not much else.

I'd go for Invision over phpBB. phpBB is a counterintuitive nightmare to administrate.

[ Wednesday, February 11, 2004 23:50: Message edited by: Thuryl ]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
Having administrated a UBB, ikonBoard, invision board, phpBB board, and ezBoard, I can say without reservation that UBB has the best administration and nicest control panel of them all.

And personally, I think that UBB is much better than all of the others listed. We are not getting its full functionality, however.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #5
I like UBB.

I've administrated an IPB, but I didn't like it much.

[ Thursday, February 12, 2004 03:15: Message edited by: Mr. Jonnie Zolohahni ]

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.