Shogun

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shogun
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #0
I have to write two-page synopsis of Shogun (by James Clavell) by tomorrow. Can anyone help me with this?

...Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of spark notes than actual help... but I usually don't use spark notes, and I can't find what I'm looking for online...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
You said you couldn't find what you needed online, but did you try Sparknotes.com?

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Warrior
Member # 3252
Profile #2
What exactly are you writing about, from the book? It's been a while since I read it, but I'll try to help if I can.

[ Sunday, January 04, 2004 13:00: Message edited by: Militant Vegan ]

--------------------
Learn About The Man Behind the Messiah.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #3
Might be something here:
http://www.michaelkelly.fsnet.co.uk/pass.htm

Alternatively, you could just read it through until the small hours. I'm told it's quite a good book and it's not 19th century or existentialist philosophy so the going shouldn't be impossible. And towards the end, you can start skimming. Synopses are often weaker at the end due to lack of desire to do everything you can as a pose to doing two pages. So overdo the first part of the book, them cram everything in. Might make them think you worked really hard at it.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #4
I read about twenty pages of the book and got exceedingly bored. Sparknotes have saved me on soooo many occasions though. They are usually very thorough.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3252
Profile #5
Don't give up. It's worth reading.

--------------------
Learn About The Man Behind the Messiah.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #6
Oh, I know, I read it, and only about a month ago, too. It was very good. The problem is that it's 1152 pages long, and I have a horrible memory.

I tried Sparknotes and just got a bunch of useless stuff on world history of that time period... BtI, that link doesn't have anything about Shogun...

Someone, help... please... there are plenty of references to Shogun on sparknotes.com, but they're all on the message board...

[ Sunday, January 04, 2004 18:48: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 1460
Profile #7
this may be long after the fact, but u could always whatch the 12 hour mini series . . . or email me and ask for the 13 page essay I wrote on it. This goes for anyone else who might want it as well.

--------------------
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?!!