Whada ya got against newbies?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Whada ya got against newbies?
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #0
I am a junior in high school and I love picking on the freshmen. But isnt that kinda prejudiced? I mean just because I've only posted 19 times, does that make Jesus the Manbaby or Stughalf any better than me? Because they have posted 394 and 473 times, does that make them better than any of us newbies? And because I am a junior does that make me better than any of the freshmen? (freshmen are not allowed to answer)
An example:
There is a freshman currently attending my high school that in the seventh grade, first semester, he took Algebra 1 at my school, taking Geometry second semester. In the eighth grade he took Algebra 2 first semester and Pre-Calculus second. He is now taking Calculus as a freshman. I just finished Pre-Cal, but
dont you think you would feel a little stupid if, as a senior, you had a freshman making better grades in Calculus than you?

--------------------
No monkeyin' around at Chance :p

And that, my Leige, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. -Sir Bedevere

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
JtM is TGM, who is just like that with everyone. Stughalf was probably annoyed by the particular post he responded to.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #2
Thuryl's right. I certainly have nothing against you personally, and nothing at all against newbies in general, as I am myself a newer member. I just felt that your posts employed logic that was highly flawed. As such, I found your almost arrogant confidence in the supposed soundness of your arguments to be rather offensive.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #3
I'm sometimes annoyed at some newbies because they dont know HOW TO USE THE STINKIN' SEARCH BUTTON!!! :mad:

So the same questions get repeated over and over again. Not talking about you Apollyon. Just some other newbies...

No one can get better grades than me in math...try beating 100.00% plus e.c. (trigonometry)

Freshmen suck, no matter how much better they are. I mean, thats what freshmen are for.(and that's also what Apprentices are for)

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #4
Well I'm sorry if I've offended you, Stughalf, but the argument did come from a newbie, right?

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
True. :P But that little debate was fun, and there are no hard feelings, right? I'm certain your debating abilities will improve greatly with time and practice. :P

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #6
For myself, I'm glad to have a newbie who seems to have reasoning skills above that of a five year old.

[ Friday, December 19, 2003 12:14: Message edited by: Morgan ]

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #7
I sure hope so because being a newbie stinks! Where did you get the name Stughalf? Has there already been a post asking people how they got their PDN's?

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #8
I'm sure there have been threads on the subject before, but that's fine. My name doesn't really mean all that much at all. It was the name of a hero character I created for a story I wrote a long time ago. I just really liked the name, so I began using it as my own for AIM and message boards and the like. How did you come up with your name?

And TGM, please don't feel the need to describe how you came up with each one of your hundreds of names. ;)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #9
I'd be more worried about TM, myself.

Apollyon: Nobody has anything against you, or newbies. A lot of newbies, however, don't stick around and have the grammar and language skills of remedial 3 year olds.

Creationists (and fundies in general), however, do tend to get a harder time fighting the corner, mainly because the overwhelming majority of those who can debate here are left-wing, intelligent atheists/agnostics/loose Christians. I wouldn't say that creationists are 'persecuted', but you'll have a harder time coming up with decent arguments.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #10
Actually, "Apollyon" was the destroyer from the underworld described in the Bible who controlles the demon-locus things. I just like the name! ;)

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #11
The name I'm currently using I got when I was editing my website. I dont really know how I came up with it but oh well...

DC-10 was used with Audio Adrenaline's song entitled "DC-10"

Reality Corp. was made up after I finished reading one of Scott Adam's "Dilbert" books.

--------------------

-Reality Corp.
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #12
And you know, Morgan, you have a really good point! It is much easier to argue on the side of the atheist because that is just what most of the world today is. (not you necessarily) You really do have to have a good argument with good supports or you're screwed! And I'm sure most of us newbies will get better at our grammer/language skills (that is if we dont try to impress the others by trying to come up with arguements that dont make any sense...)

--------------------

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #13
Stughalf is a newbie. Of course, I'm one as well, but not quite as much.

Everyone's a newbie when you're Alcritas.

In any case, Spiderweb is, despite its glaring and horrific fault of mass sagotry, rather newbie-friendly. So don't get your knickers in a knot.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
I wouldn't go so far as to say that; there are few nations in which there isn't some other religion which is still the default thing to be, and in most Western nations that religion is still Christianity. Just because many people are less strict about their religion these days doesn't necessarily mean they're less sincere.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #15
Well, I think that if you post meaningful topics and replies, you won't be treated like an idiot.

It's fun to pick on newbies because it's revenge.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #16
Just beware of the wolf who eats newbies.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #17
I wonder if there is such a thing...
If so, I wanna meet him, give him a taste of his own medicine. Yes, I'm gonna eat him! Hahaha!

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #18
I wonder how wolf tastes like...(2 to go)

[ Friday, December 19, 2003 14:07: Message edited by: What's the name? ]

--------------------

-Reality Corp.
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #19
It tastes like chicken, just like everything else that nobody has ever tried.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
I gather wolf meat is stringy and largely inedible.

And there is indeed a wolf who eats newbies; he's member #66. Don't worry, though, he only goes after the ones who don't post.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
I just wonder how you go after invisible newbies? I mean, it's not like you can discuss with, let alone flame them, if they never show themselves. ;)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #22
Heck, I didn't even know a wolf that went off to eat newbies. I'm sorry, but wouldn't he have gotten stuffed or choked on his food by now? There are a lot of invisible newbies...

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #23
Ah, but his metabolism is extraordinary. And he can unhinge his jaw.

--------------------
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #24
I was planning to use newbies for sword practice when I returned to Spiderweb, but I guess I got used to them. Either that, or I just rememberred what I was like as a newbie... *shudder* anyway, welcome, Apollyon. Isn't that just a Greek translation of the Hebrew word for "destruction"?

EDIT: I mean, if it's capitalized... Apollyon = Abaddon, right? Would it be capitalized in Hebrew? Do they capitalize stuff like that in Hebrew, or do they have some kind of equivalent? Great, I'm confusing myself...

[ Friday, December 19, 2003 19:17: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages