Happy Halloween.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Happy Halloween.
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #0
Happy Halloween. I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween. I am lucky to live in NewEngland because we have a lot of hauntd Places. We have light Houses in CapeCod which are said to be haunted. We have the Gloucetor Triangle, The Entire Town of Salem Ma. And The Borden House. Anyway what haunted places are near where you live.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #1
Well, I don't know about haunted, but there was this double house my uncle bought during the summer. My uncle let my mom take what she wanted from the two houses and I was able to go with. I must have a sense for the presence of spirits because on the one side of the house, I got this sense of some sort of presence lingering on the one side. I found out on another visit to the house that there were some leg bones stored in the attic. Once they were removed, and I visited again, the presence was gone.

It creeped the heck out of me to be on the one side of the house so much, that I resorted to carrying a cleaver around with me in the house while looking through the stuff in it. I sometimes sense a presence in my own house, which happens to be over 125 years old, and it creeps me out as well. But the presence is nowhere near as strong as it was in the house my uncle bought.

I'm sure there are haunted places in PA, but I don't get around enough to discover any. Anyone else here ever feel a presence of a spirit? You will probably think me crazy, but I believe in psychics and spiritual phenomenon.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #2
Not spirits specifically, just plain ol’ paranoia for me. This morning I was feeling particularly paranoid, so I wore soft-soled shoes instead of my usual noisy boots and sunglasses which allowed for maximum peripheral vision.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #3
I get something like that all the time. Whenever I stand in front of my bathroom mirror, I get the weird feeling I'm being watched. Of course, it could just be general paranoia, but I don't feel it in other people's houses. Just mine. And I also have an odd power of prediction. Sometimes, I'll get a fleeting vision of something before I even know it exists, and then, usually months later, I'll see a situation that I know that I had a vision. Does that ever happen to anyone else, or is it my frayed sanity picking up some extremely wierd psychic force? Am I a psychic, or just a nutcase? The world may never know the answers to these questions. Niether will I, I don't think.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #4
Bah... Double Post...

[ Friday, October 31, 2003 21:11: Message edited by: Izzannor of the Wind Blade ]

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
I think I have also experienced what you mentioned. Occasionally, most often when I am witnessing a scene which I find strange or important, I get the feeling that I have witnessed the scene at some point in the past. However, I am never exactly certain that I have indeed witnessed it before, and even if I am reasonably confident, I can never pinpoint the time or place of the original vision. Others seem to have experienced such phenomena as well, from what I have heard.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #6
I suspect it's just your mind associating it with something similar, which would also explain why you can't remember the exact details of your prediction. I've done that once or twice myself too, but like you only had a vague sense that I'd had a dream that was a bit like this...wasn't it?

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
How can you know that you had a vision of the future? You could have experienced simple deja vu, as Omlette suggested, or maybe you manufactured the memory of having had the vision when, in fact, that never happened.

—Alorael, who has also had experiences like that. But he can never remember thinking of them between the time they occurred and the time he experiences the real thing, which makes them seem like later additions to his memories.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Right. There are famous accounts in psychological literature of people who distinctly remember doing things they couldn't possibly have done at the time of some famous event. For example, one man remembers that he was listening to a baseball game on the radio at the time Pearl Harbour was attacked, which couldn't really have happened as it wasn't baseball season.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington