Is it feasible to think?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is it feasible to think?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
Would I be allowed to start up an Exile RP in the Exile Trillogy Message Board? Not now, but some other time. That board is almost dying and needs a little action. Has anyone ever tried to create one there? I would appreciate some comments, good or bad, doesn't matter to me.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #1
Which part of the Trilogy - or just using Exile for context?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #2
I mean starting an RP based on all the Exile games in the Exile Message Board instead of in the General Message Board. I just thought that it would be interesting to start an RP there. I haven't been here long enough to know if it has ever been done before.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #3
Dear God, please, please, no more damn RPs. They were good once (and that's me being generous) but now they're tired, old and mostly started by people who can't spell.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #4
Role plays bore me. I'd rather have a nice discussion topic.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Of course, to a great extent it depends on the quality of the RP. I don't know how good the RPs were here long ago, but I do know that they have lately had a tendency to go rotten after 5-10 pages. The Baltazar RP is the only one that I've seen finished without major flaming and with something approaching coherence. I'm not sure about that Inn RP (you know the one with the two warring kingdoms on either side). Is that still going on, has it died, or has it been concluded?

What I do know is that high-quality RPs are a lot of fun. You've got to have the feeling that you're writing a story. Of course the ones with "I SLAAY T3H 3IVL OGRE KING WIHT MY MAGCI SWORT!!!11" are at best ridiculous, and at worst pathetic. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Is it feasible to think_files/rolleyes.gif)

MSW: An Exile RP is not the worst idea there is, but I suggest keeping RPs to General. After all, they're not directly concerned with the games, and RPs are more of a General topic. Avoid chaos here, I'd say. Or leastways even more than there is already.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
RPs are off-topic in all forums except General, and only tangentially on-topic in General.

That said, I'm killing the next RP what starts before three of the current ones die. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Is it feasible to think_files/tongue.gif)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
Let's be a bit more optimistic, Imban. Say, before three of the current ones finish. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Is it feasible to think_files/tongue.gif)

The Greywraith Clan one doesn't look like it's about to collapse to me... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Is it feasible to think_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #8
Even granted that it hasn't been posted in in a whole day, with around 10 people participating?

I agree that RPs as a concept are dying. This has happened at least twice before, when we had three or four running at once and they were getting just like another type of spam. If people weren't so eager to start more and more, but just let it die down to two or (shock horror) one, that one might actually end up being of quite high quality...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #9
To answer the original question : yes, I think it's a good idea.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #10
I was actually going to kill Fall of the Star Clan and hold it to 3, but some people had already joined before I saw it, and it would have been wrong to kill it then.

I agree with Omlette, though - 2 RPs should be the max, and I am prepared to gun some to enforce this. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Is it feasible to think_files/tongue.gif)

And to MSW, well, there's nothing stopping you from trying, but I wouldn't be too surprised if a mod there either booted it to General or closed it.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
And don't get any ideas about killing the Greywraith one.

Ahem. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Is it feasible to think_files/tongue.gif)

By the way, Omlette, I posted in that RP again now. I just wanted to let some time pass to not waste the 'bumping power' of my next post. If I'd posted straight after you, chances would have been it died after then. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Is it feasible to think_files/tongue.gif)

[ Saturday, November 01, 2003 09:08: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #12
Infuriated Slith really needs to post there at least once a day...

And if you really want to post an RP on the Exile board, it'd better be very good, and very Exile-related. And even if it was, it'd belong on General...

If you want to make the ET board look more alive, post one of those silly 'what job would you do in Exile'-type topics. Sure, they're stupid, but they're at least on-topic...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.