To all European football fans

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: To all European football fans
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #50
quote:
Originally written by Morgan:

quote:
Americans live and die by there sports. Even though America is filled with people who can not agree with political, religious or racial topics, they can all sit down together and watch a game. Professional Sports in the US is a bigger topic than Politics.
And this doesn't worry you? In my opinion, American sports are terrible to watch. American Football? Boring. Baseball? Boring. Basketball? Boring.

But we win the most medals in the Olympics.

--------------------
"I am young, I am twenty years old:yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow." All QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #51
And alligators have teeth; what's your point?

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #52
One more step to Germany´s World Cup. A draw with Argentina in Argentina 2-2 and now a victory over Perú at home 2-1. YAY!!! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards To all European football fans (3)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #53
America wins so many medals because a) it has a large population and b) it is the world's most prosperous country.

Somebody once worked out from the 2000 medal the nations which did best taking population and economic might into consideration. I think Ethiopia came top, followed by Lithuania. Of course, I gleaned this information from one paragraph in the sports section of a newspaper I wasn't reading properly, so I may have the countries wrong.

I can't stand many sports, whether played in America or the rest of the world.

My hand eye coordination is poor, so cricket, baseball, rounders and tennis are right off the list. I didn't spend 5 hours a day in my first 10 years kicking a ball around, so I'm terrible at football. The only sport I really enjoy is rugby, because what I lack in strength I make up for in exceptionally pointy elbows and a vice like grip (although I still can't catch or run) and my best friends make up hte first two rows of the pack, so I can hang around in the back row and there's less of a chance of being flattened.

I also rather enjoy basketball, but only when there's no referee and the ingenuity of the cheating is more important than the score.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #54
Who waits the emergence of a new country in International football ?
When was the last time you saw something innovative ?

JF said "For many people in America Professional Sports is more than just a pass time, it is a way of life and thinking."

Bob Mk2 said "merica wins so many medals because a) it has a large population and b) it is the world's most prosperous country."

Read this.

Is this way of life is cheating, lying, not caring for tomorrow, and so on ?

[ Wednesday, September 10, 2003 11:32: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #55
This is not a new thought, but why not have an all-drugs olympics? See what can be done through the power of chemistry, as long as there is a parallel drug-free olympics.
I'm sure the pharmaceutical industry would be more than happy to sponsor it, as long as everyone keeps the drug-related complications ten years later hush-hush.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #56
2-0 to the En-ga-land!!!!!

England 2, Liechtenstein 0. (For the benefit of the non English among us)

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #57
Hey, there's already evidence that many elite sportspeople cause long-term damage to their health through excessive training. If they're going to get paid millions of dollars, they may as well be expected to shorten their lifespans to earn it. And the limit of what can be achieved without drugs is approaching; seeing world records improving by 1/100 or even 1/1000 of a second at a time is getting kinda old.
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #58
For your information most athletes in America come from a gettho area. So I don't think money has anything to do with it, because most Professional Athlets came from nothing and moved up the social latter with sports. But I'm sure Pro Athlets in other countries came from there countries getthos too. And I guess other countries getthos are worse than ours. I am sure HongKong is worse to live in than Central LA. I heard that HongKong has one of the highest poverty and crime rate in Eastern Asia. So I guess the pro athlets in other countries started out worse than the pro athlets in the U.S. So I guess our pro athlets started out more well to do than other pro athlets. Plus the fact that U.S Athlets make more than other Athlets, so of course they have more money to spend on training than other pro Athletes. So I guess if you eleminate the financial situation it all evens out. But our Pro Athletes are still just as good as yours.

--------------------
"I am young, I am twenty years old:yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow." All QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #59
You do mean "athlete" right?

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #60
He spelled it right about half the time.
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #61
Pardon my typo.

--------------------

Pages