Blaster worm!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Blaster worm!
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #25
http://spl.haxial.com/apple-powermac-G5/

I didn't understand too much of the technical detail of this article, but the gist of it is that Mac deliberately did biased speed tests and tried to mislead the public about the G5's actual speed.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Warrior
Member # 3339
Profile #26
I only read about half of that, and didn't understand everything, but one of the tests that he had posted made me wonder.
The gist of what I read:
The G5 Mac was compared to the other fastest (or greatest or whatever) computers from other companies. The G5 is a duel processor. The others are not. For some reason, this isn't fair, so in the new test one of the Mac's processors was disabled, thus making the other computers faster.
In other words, he turned off half of the Macintosh G5 and suddenly the other computers were faster. Go figure. IMAGE(Blaster worm! (2)_files/biggrin.gif)
I wonder what would happen if a Volkswagen Bug could win a race aginst a Corvet that has half power too. Lets test that now.

--------------------
Finally returning after being away for a very long time.

“Define Reality”

Anybody else checking for the BoA release multiple times a day?
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #27
Does anyone really need the computing power to run NORAD if all they ever do is check their email and play games?

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #28
Actually Orion, if you read that properly, you'd see that those tests only use one processor, so the second processor is of no use. The point is that Apple deliberately uptweaked its computers and downtweaked its opponents' computers to manipulate the results.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Warrior
Member # 3339
Profile #29
Ahh, OK. Thanks.

But then, every company does that (for any product) and everybody says that they are the best, so the same could probably be said for all of thoes computers.

--------------------
Finally returning after being away for a very long time.

“Define Reality”

Anybody else checking for the BoA release multiple times a day?

Pages