Spiderweb mention in MSNBC article

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spiderweb mention in MSNBC article
Apprentice
Member # 3084
Profile #0
If you're interested, check out this article on independent game development.  It's encouraging to read in its own right, but also notice that Spiderweb is mentioned in the "Fact File" sidebar about midway down.

Congratulations, Jeff and company!

[ Friday, August 01, 2003 03:59: Message edited by: Churl ]
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #1
WOW! That is awsome for spiderweb!

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #2
Well, Jeff does offer some of the best scenarios most generous shareware demos around - how could they not mention SW?
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #3
Wow, this is BIG.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Warrior
Member # 3232
Profile Homepage #4
How can they even compare jeff's games to stuff like Collapse and Bejewled!? unlike those Jeff's games are original ideas (with the obvious exception of avernum, but those are based off Jeff's original ideas) without the thousands of games exactly like them. Game house games are boring, with the same things over and over only faster each time. Jeff's games have variety and strategy. Jeff should have gotten more of a mention than just one link.

--------------------
-Phynex, Dark Strategist

Never let morals get in the way of doing what's right
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #5
The lady doth complain too much, methinks.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #6
I have seen Spiderweb mentioned in other places before, but this is BIG considering it's Microsoft... it's like Microsoft themselves saying "Watch out Dungeon Siege, here comes Avernum!"

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
Apprentice
Member # 3304
Profile #7
I'm really glad msnbc did that article on it. Until that time, I never heard of spiderweb software. But since then I d/l Exile to see how it was (plus alot of other shareware game from those other sites mentioned) and found that Spiderweb games were so much like the classic games from the past that are hard to find now. And after playing Exile for a while, I just had to register it (plus a few of the other ones too). :)
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #8
This is cool... reminds me of when Apple included Deimos Rising, which was programmed by AmbrosiaSW which is my other favorite small software company, in their game pack that comes with each computer they sell.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #9
Hey, I think I remember that.
Shot.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #10
What would be awesome is if they interview jeff on the news...

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Phynex:

How can they even compare jeff's games to stuff like Collapse and Bejewled!? unlike those Jeff's games are original ideas (with the obvious exception of avernum, but those are based off Jeff's original ideas) without the thousands of games exactly like them.
How quickly people forget poor, poor Origin.

--------------------
You are my precious thing
Thing of speed and beauty,
You are my precious thing
As long as you remain beneath me
-- Big Black
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #12
Congratz to Jeff is all I can say. I belive I found his REALLY old Exile game (With older graphics than you think) on a simple cd with 1000 demos. His games have gotten real good ever since then. =)

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
BANNED
Member # 3321
Profile #13
I really think they deserved geting put in that and MANY other things as well because spidweb is in my opinion the greatest RPG company in the world.

--------------------
I am gone now but i will create another account and name it Order Mage and be a good member for ever and ever.Please forgive my ingnorance and stupidity.