Temporary Replacement for Character Editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Temporary Replacement for Character Editor
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #0
Since nobody seems to have made any progress in porting the character editor to OSX (and Win32), I have created a utility scenario to partially fill the gap.

Use this if you want to create a higher level party. I think it can do everything that the character editor can do to a party that is not in a scenario. It's pretty slow and clunky, but it will do the job.

It can be downloaded here.

[ Friday, October 19, 2007 18:14: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]
Apprentice
Member # 9013
Profile #1
Such utility scenarios already exist, there are at least three.

The main utility of the PC editor is for extricating a party from sticky situations in-scenario - providing necessary gold when little is available, making more boats available to you if you lose one, removing the party from scenarios that lack a "way out" special item, etc. A good party booster is always useful, but it doesn't really fill in for the PC editor, which I'm guessing is only rarely used for party enhancement by most players.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #2
I think this one is more flexible than the others. I used it to build prefab parties for a few scenarios.

But yes, unfortunately a party builder cannot fully replace the PC editor. :(
Apprentice
Member # 9013
Profile #3
I guess I'll take a look at it then, if I can get OBoE working... It might be useful as a party leveler in a scenario, if it's better than previous ones.

BTW, what's the current state of OBoE? Is there a way to get the current revision of the source code or is it being maintained cathedral-style right now? Is the development ongoing or has it stopped completely?