Link to the latest compiled Windows version?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Link to the latest compiled Windows version?
Apprentice
Member # 10960
Profile #0
I've found a couple of links to compiled versions of Blades that seem to be more or less working, but there are some major outstanding bugs in them. Most notably, I'm encountering a bug where map data (both town and outdoors) is randomly lost. If it's town map data that is lost, then the position of any items that are in that town will become completely scrambled. This has happened in both scenarios that I've tried to play, The Forsaken and Wreck of the Slug, and for me it makes the game more or less unplayable.

If this bug has been fixed, then could someone provide a link to a compiled version for Windows that doesn't have this bug? And if it hasn't, well, I guess it goes on the list of things that need to be fixed.
Apprentice
Member # 11051
Profile #1
I would also be interested to know if theres a working, compiled version of BoE somewhere on the internet because I keep getting errors when trying to compile it and the one mentioned above has no text nor can it load custom scenarios (or maybe its just me...).
Apprentice
Member # 10960
Profile #2
I can get the text working just fine on the above one and I can load some scenarios normally (others need to be renamed to one of the scenarios that came with the game, like valleydy.exs or stealth.exs, and then opened from the "Start Scenario" button rather than the "Custom Scenario" one.)

The map loss bug is killing me, though.
Apprentice
Member # 11051
Profile #3
Just tried out the demo... seems the text isn't working on that either, must just be me.

I can't load any custom scenarios afaik from the custom scenario button but I've only tried two so maybe its just them, although I renamed to VALLYDY.EXS and they loaded just fine through the original scenario button.

I'm not familiar with the map loss bug though. What is that?
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #4
For a working version of BoE, go here: Windows Mac
Apprentice
Member # 10960
Profile #5
Morover: Refer to my original post for a description of the bug.

Celtic Minstrel: That's the very version that has the bug that I described. Do you know of any other? If not, I guess I'll need to get in touch with whoever worked on that version to inform them of the bug.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #6
Oh, right, sorry; :eek: I just didn't notice that my link was the same as yours.

There's a version available here, but I think it's actually the same version. If an update were posted though I would expect it to be here rather than at the other link.

Edit: I believe Boffo is working on the Win32 version at the moment but he isn't going to post the update until Ormus (who ported it to Win32) says we can release it under the GPL rather than the CPL.

[ Wednesday, October 10, 2007 17:07: Message edited by: Celtic Minstrel ]