Favorite Scenarios?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Favorite Scenarios?
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #0
To those still around:

What are your all time favorite scenarios? This thread is for both BoE and BoA, though as most of the great scenarios are BoE, I decided to post this here,

My favorites (in no particular order):

Shadow of the Stranger
An Apology
Of Good and Evil
Tatterdemalion
Truffle Days
Nebulous Times Hence
Adventurer's Club 2: Asylum
Tomorrow
Areni
Frostbite

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Nephil's Gambit,
Nephil's Gambit,
and Nephil's Gambit.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #2
Gah! I had been keeping a list of scenarios and ranking them as I went, but I left the list on my computer back at home. Here is my list in order of how much I recall enjoying them (BoE only, it's too hard to combine the two lists into 1.)

Falling Stars
Emulations
Roots
An Apology
Revenge
Tomorrow
Shadow of the Stranger
Nebulous Times Hence
Redemption
Brotherhood of the Hand
Bandits II
Of Good and Evil
The Forsaken

There are a lot of scenarios (Especially in the 7-8 range) that I haven't played, and a lot that I've started and lost interest in (Which probably means they wouldn't have been makign this list anyhow) but anyway these are my favorites. The first 4 are in a league of their own IMO, and the next 6 are also great but a definite step down from the first 4. The last three round out the list.

--------------------
"Heart of Earth located in Europe, Ass of Earth located in USA."

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Apprentice
Member # 9013
Profile #3
In no particular order...

Falling Stars - engaging plot, lots of characters, lots of hidden stuff. Some people have complained about combat balance, but I find that the "unbalanced" fights make it feel more realistic - some days you're up against a bunch of disorganized orcs, others you're facing Seraphim and Rokka that are tailor-made to kill unwilling targets.

Tomorrow - Essence spells, cool. Wickerman, cool. Fight with Cornell, really cool. Ending cutscene... amazing.

At the Gallows - This scenario didn't strike me as really great until the stuff with the mysterious purple-robed guy and the alternate reality business came into play. It never really got elaborated on, but the utter weirdness of it all was wonderful.

Revenge - this scenario gets a special place in my list, because it proved that you can make a scenario very difficult without making all the tough monsters magic-immune. This makes combat a lot more interesting.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #4
Like one's children, they're all 'favorites'. ;)
me
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8491
Profile #5
Ooh, i just love BoE, but no particular scenario. ( I can't remember all I've played either.)

--------------------
My attitudes may taste like ****,
But go real good with wine.