Selling items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Selling items
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #0
In OBoE, I was wondering if we could fix selling items so that they can be sold when equipped. It would be a nicety if I didn't have to unequip items to sell them.

[ Sunday, July 08, 2007 17:39: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
It may be possible, depending on how isolated parts of the equipped code are versus the selling parts. Knowing the way some of the code is written, it may be that being able to sell an item while equipped will cause problems elsewhere. Rather than doing a proper fix, it is not allowed.

The other thing that makes me hesitate is a protection on the player from selling his/her best equipment by mistake. This merits more discussion either way.

Right now I'm in the middle of the extensive effort to make the .exs file format cleaner and more managable. This turns out to be a lot more work than I had hoped as many parts and actions depend on these things and I'm having to take that all into account.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 8990
Profile #2
Better keep it as it is now. I think it was possible in the Trilogy, but was changed now with a good reason. (as *i said)

Certain items in BoE are very valuable or even needed to win the current scenario, which really should be kept and not sold by accident.

--------------------
Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.

TM about one of his own Scenarios: "Well... enjoy... nevermind."