Spears Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spears Questions
Apprentice
Member # 8990
Profile #0
After playing Spears (great scenario btw) once again I found a few special alchemical brew recipes already, but sadly I got no idea how to make those brews.
I already got many of the items needed and tried to use them somehow in alchemical laboratories, but I failed to find a way to mix them...

Any idea how this can be done? (And where exactly?)
Apprentice
Member # 9013
Profile #1
There are a number of places with cauldrons set up for preparing such potions, e.g. the alchemy room under the Slith capitol. Just place the necessary ingredients on the cauldron and wait a few turns.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Also, while we're on the topic...

I been playing Spears recently, and I decided to help the Sliths. At Seablaze Tower, I went into the battle before listening to Zaevess (must not have listened to the commander carefully enough). Was this a fatal mistake?

--------------------
-ben4808
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Sturg:

I been playing Spears recently, and I decided to help the Sliths. At Seablaze Tower, I went into the battle before listening to Zaevess (must not have listened to the commander carefully enough). Was this a fatal mistake?
I'm pretty sure it prevents you from getting the best ending, but you can still finish the scenario.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8990
Profile #4
Well, just after playing again, I noticed a bad bad bug, or misplaced special. Spears may be a bit old, but not too late for important bug fixes, or?

Well, I just noticed that ALL items in Fort Silver have disappeared, including all items which I stored there. (Not too few)

As much as I've checked, this probably happened around the time when I helped the sliths to free the slaves... Stareye, could you please at least look into it?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
All of the items disappeared? As in each and every one? If this is the case, it sounds like a weird BoE thing. It's the first I have heard of this happening in this scenario.

Generally these scenarios are pretty old and most of the bugs have either been squished or are hidden quite well. I generally don't fix older scenarios.

[ Thursday, July 05, 2007 13:57: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 8990
Profile #6
Well, I checked it yesterday again, before I freed the sliths, all was fine, when I've done this and returned all MY stored items were not there anymore. At later playing files (Around after the Battle for Zaevess) I saw that even the other stored items (Which I'm not allowed to take) vanished as well.

Too bad that you don't fix them, I doubt it's a BoE error though... Well, I'll just leave Spears then just before choosing a side to play other scens.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #7
I don't fix old scenarios, I don't feel it's worth the time, effort, or the risk of breaking other things. None of my notes regarding all of the old coding and what flags do what have really survived.

Again, this is a fairly unique thing from what I have heard. If all items are disappearing, it sounds like it's beyond the scenario file itself. I recall, a long time ago, hearing of this happening "randomly" before, where all items in a town disappear for no apparent reason. If you don't want to play it, fine. That's your choice.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 9013
Profile #8
I've seen this, but I don't think it's a bug. Remember when Commander Whatsit tells you about the room with your equipment? I'm pretty sure I remember him saying the equipment room won't be yours for long, because Fort Silver has some problems with limited storage space.

Anyway, if it is a bug then it does make sense thematically.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #9
Hmmm...it has been a while (> 5 years) since I've coded this. It is possible that this might be the case as a consequence of Variable Town Entry. I've never heard this reported as a but before.

I have heard, a very, very long time ago, in another unrelated scenario, a story of how all of the items randomly vanished. I don't believe this could ever be reproduced and hasn't, to my knowledge, happened again.

[ Friday, July 06, 2007 11:44: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------