Has Enough of Trait?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Has Enough of Trait?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #0
It is now possible to test whether or not the party has a given number of PCs possessing a certain trait. The "Have Woodsman?" node has been changed to a "Has Enough of Trait?" node.

The only function modified was specials.c and run_ifthen_special. Note that the number is capped at the party size. Such that if the party has a size of 4, the designer can only demand a maximum of 4 of that trait. If more are requested, the amount needed is set to 4.

Specifics of the node:

ex1a: Which Trait (-1 defaults to regular Have Woodsman? check to preserve compatability)
ex1b: Special to jump to if met
ex2a: How many party members need trait?
ex2b: Unused

Comments?

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #1
Sweet, this could help with nodes where the party is only as powerful as it's weakest link. (ambushing the enemy, etc.) And can double as a node for harder to find stuffs. (And, it finally gives a reason to give more than 1 PC woodsmen or caves lore)

--------------------
I came, I saw, I conquered
Apprentice
Member # 9297
Profile Homepage #2
So if the designer demands 5 woodsmen, and the party has only 4 pcs all with the woodsman trait, the demand succeeds? Is that a reasonable interpretation of the designer's intent?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by CommonGenius.com:

So if the designer demands 5 woodsmen, and the party has only 4 pcs all with the woodsman trait, the demand succeeds? Is that a reasonable interpretation of the designer's intent?
The designer can always check first to make sure the party has at least 5 active characters.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!