BoE project brainstorming

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoE project brainstorming
Warrior
Member # 577
Profile Homepage #0
I don't have the registered version of BoE, but...

With an editor like BoE, there are many possibilities. What do you think would be projects to consider working on?

For me, I have these ideas:

Fantasy worlds - based on novels and movies: Narnia, Middle-earth (Arda), Camelot, Dragonriders of Pern

Fan version of other games: Final Fantasy series, Zelda, online games like EverQuest and RuneScape (may have copyright problems)

Interesting places in the real-world: large caves, like in Carlsbad Caverns National Park, and other National Parks; famous cities

Places with personal connections: your high school or college (yeah, talk to your teachers for free exp!)

--------------------
Please visit my website: http://geocities.com/dchia1010

my forums: http://freechat.tk
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #1
There is at least one scenario that's based on another game, Domestic Evil. It's not a bad scenario, in my opinion.

A variant of Angband (called PernAngband!) was loosely based on the world of Dragonriders of Pern, and the author of the books didn't like the idea. The game had to be removed from the net. So, I wouldn't put names from those books into my scenarios...
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Looks like you've come up with some great scenario ideas! Now the only thing left is for you to make them into scenarios. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Milu:

A variant of Angband (called PernAngband!) was loosely based on the world of Dragonriders of Pern, and the author of the books didn't like the idea. The game had to be removed from the net. So, I wouldn't put names from those books into my scenarios...
Actually, a descendant of PernAngband still exists, although most of the Pern references have been fiddled around a bit so they're not so obvious, and it's been renamed. It's now called ToME.

As far as BoE goes, there was also a scenario named Nightfall based on the Isaac Asimov book of the same name, which was really good, and a scenario named Blade of the Jedi set in the Star Wars universe, which really wasn't.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #4
I wonder, would anyone have a problem with someone (no, not me! *shifty eyes* I dunno what you're talking about!) making a scenario based off Fable? That'd be awhile down the road.

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #5
At least nobody (that I know of) has got into copyright troubles from a scenario, so far.

The only problems in the past that I know of, have emerged if a scenario has been too similar to some other scenario.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 12:54: Message edited by: Milu ]