What are the good scenarios?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What are the good scenarios?
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #0
If some people could give me a list of all the good scenarios out of the very many there are i would thank u all very much :)

--------------------
Naruto Fanatic (as well as gf) I was once Taggerung for those who don't know.
Real Ninjas are stealthy: CHOMP CHOMP!
Intelligent: Yoodleaheayea *Belch*
Inflatable: BOING!
Think they are hot: I'm too y for my shirt...
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #1
That list in itself would be fairly large. A good idea would be to check out the Solid Scenarios in the forum header...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #2
He'd be better off checking the Comprehensive Scenario Rankings. However, a lot of the best scenarios are pretty tough for beginners, and some may just not be his style. There's a lot of variety in size, style, difficulty, etc, so it would be easier to recommend if we knew what you're looking for.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #3
For instance, if you loved Exile 3 then you'd probably like Adventurer's Club. And if you loved A Mild Rebellion, you'd probably like Tatterdemalion. If you'd rather have short and sweet, I suggest Back to Normal, The Magnificent Six, and Odessa's Journey. There are many other good scenarios, most of which I have not played yet either, but thought I'd give you a start.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #4
Truth be told,i don't actually hav BOE (yet) but i just needed a bit of help with selecting scenarios. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Naruto Fanatic (as well as gf) I was once Taggerung for those who don't know.
Real Ninjas are stealthy: CHOMP CHOMP!
Intelligent: Yoodleaheayea *Belch*
Inflatable: BOING!
Think they are hot: I'm too y for my shirt...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
For a beginner, I'd recommend Spears. It's a large, high-quality scenario, but all of the combat is fairly easy.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #6
Finding the "win" paths can be hard though, so make sure you have back-up save files to go back to.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #7
1.) Read the Forums to find out which have the highest ratings, (opinions of other Players).
2.) Check the size of all the Scenarios you've selected.
3.) Open each *.zip file to read any Text added by the Author, (hints, etc.).
4.) Pin the List on a wall.
5.) Throw a dart at the List.
6.) Start playing.
In truth, only you can pick which ones you'll truly enjoy and that will only be after you've played several of them.
One other point is; Once you've found a Scenario you like, try to find any others done by that Author. The style of play will show in any other Scenarios they've written.
Hard part is that only a few Authors have done more than a couple of Scenarios. But, that, too, is an indicator that they have some talent, so it may be a key to your choice.
Lastly, sometimes "blind luck" provides the best results because you don't have any preset expectations.
Play them like life; as they come.
me
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
The link to the Comprehensive Scenario Rankings that Ash Lael posted separates scenarios by their ranking. Everything above 8 is a good scenario, and above 9 is a great scenario.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #9
Also, if you go to Alexandria and check the "Detailed Info" checkbox, when you do a search, you will see a list of attributes for each scenario:

A = Amateurish.
B = Buggy.
C = Complex - not for new players.
D = Design is excellent.
E = Epic-like in size, scope.
F = Fighting is overused.
G = Graphics customized are excellent.
P = Puzzles & logical challenges.
R = Rewards balanced for quest difficulty.
S= Storyline is excellent.
T = Spelling and/or grammar errors.
X = Adult content, concepts.

This may help you pick the type of scenario you like to play.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #10
Yeah, and don't worry about first playing the very best one; there are many, many good ones. Just find one that looks fun and play it, unless of course there's about 1000 posts on the CSR thread saying the scenario is not worth the download.

--------------------
-ben4808