Honorifics?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Honorifics?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
Just out of mild curiosity, which prominent BoX designers would you assign the "sensei" honorific in conversation?
(For reference, the designers are those who made any 8.0+ scenario for BoE or BoA. If you don't recognize the name, you probably shouldn't choose 'em.)

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ZHoGzggvtQaQ"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ZHoGzggvtQaQ"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Stareye, Alcritas, Drizzt, and Brett are the only unanimous selections so far, although that's not such a big surprise. I see a lot of bias towards people currently in the community, though. Perhaps if you'd listed the scenarios designed by people, response would be a little different, at least.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
Nahh, I'd rather let the humor play on for a little longer. So far:

* Thuryl > Creator AND Shyguy
* Kel > Tarl AND Measle
* Khoth > Yoshiyuki AND Gonzales

There are others I think are total BS, but I'm close to being banned as-is, and Drakey's a militant ki-- administrator.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
... these results so far are either extremely disturbing or tampered with. Kelandon with nearly as many as Brett and Drizzt, while Tarl and Scott Evans are left by the wayside?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #4
I think it to be somewhat worse that almost one in five people think Alcritas is undeserving of said honorific while (assumedly) thinking one of the other designers is. This goes up to two in seven for Stareye, almost one in four for Brett Bixler and Drizzt, and one in two for The Creator.

(Kelandon, TM, Thuryl, and Tarl Kudrick are all sitting at slightly over two in three.)

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 04:46: Message edited by: if moniker == dall OR din ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
As far as I can tell, the poll does not ask a voter to exclude themselves if they haven't played BoE. Furthermore, the requirement that a scenario be rated at 8.0 or above is curious to me, as there are 2 rating systems and it wasn't spelled out where one could find the ratings. So, is it still that odd that Alcritas gets left out? I actually didn't bother with looking for ratings, I used my own sense of the value of each BoA designers work. So, there you have it.

*this message sponsored by the ban TM during the elections PAC*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
Why sensei? You'd think "Masterful Blades Designer" would sound better. :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
I don't recognize the name of Scott Evans... does he have a moniker he goes by as a designer? What did he make?

I voted TM and Kelandon just to be different - I like both your works, why can't you just... you know. :rolleyes:

Edit: Ben - "Sensei", TM being TM, is the perfect word for it.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 04:15: Message edited by: Vote Arancaytar ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Scott Evans made Nightfall and Truffle Days. Both are good scenarios that were made before your time; they're still well worth playing, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #9
I voted for three. Those who authored a scenario I played that made me think 'WOW!'.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley