Special Weapons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Special Weapons
Apprentice
Member # 4166
Profile #0
Does anyone know which scenarios I can find custom pole and baching weapons that really are worth getting? It seems that every weapon you get for beating a scenario is edged. I was also what kind of nice bows (or crossbows)and some nice arrows. AND i was wondering what kind of nice cloaks and robes you can get.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Well, Bandits 2 has some, uh, impressive weapons of all 3 types.

Bows? Hmm. Falling Stars has Heartseeker, but in general bows just aren't very good.

Robes? Cat Cloaks in Doom Moon are pretty good.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
Bandits II, as Thuryl said, has some crazy-powerful weapons of every type imaginable. Echoes also has powerful weapons of every type imaginable, seeing how the default weapons in Echoes are stupid-powerful to their maxima.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #3
The best robe I've found were Robes of Shielding, or something like that, in VoDT. 6 protection and 0 encumberance equals good robes, especially one for each party member. :D

But then again, I don't have very much scenario playing experience: see here for details.

[ Friday, August 20, 2004 17:19: Message edited by: The Great 4808 ]

--------------------
-ben4808
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #4
For "bows" you just can't go past the guns in Doom Moon II. But then, for super-powered anything you can't go past Doom Moon II.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #5
There's a 'War Hammer' in Deep Down. It causes fear and has a pretty high damage 40+bonus I think, two handed weapon. And I just got three Poisoned Halberds from a scenario damage 30 bonus 10 and it's only a one-handed weapon so you can double up. I can't remember which scenario exactly but it's either Big Combat, Goblin Attacks, or Compositus... sorry I can't be more specific. I really need to start writing things down.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #6
Now how could I forget? A strangers quest has the best stuff you can get. I'll just list the stuff I kept. I don't think the crossbows work the way they say they do so don't count on the damage stated.

Magi Staff - 75 kill spells
Great Crossbow - Damage 20 Bonus 10 weight 1 ability accuracy
Kill Bolt - Damage 15 Bonus 5 returning
Shockwave armor - defend 25 bonus 10 enc.0 weight 50 ability shockwave 100
Protective Boots - Defend 5 Bonus 5 ability full protection
Anti-Magic Cbow - damage 50 bonus 10 weight 30 ability magic protection
Magic Skill Helmet - defend 16 bonus 10 enc.0 weight 25 ability giant strength
Smokey Skull - 100 smokey crystals
Skull of Saphires - 100 saphires
Quicksilver ring - defend 20 item level 50 ability speed (it adds 2/turn)

There's more cool stuff in it, but this is what I kept. Fair warning - if you intend to equip your whole party it will take a lot of time and more then one runthrough. Have a level 50 party ready to fight with the anti-magic cloud for the adventurer's challenge. (I had fun anyway:)

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #7
You could always play Falling Stars about 5 times through…

Come to think of it, aren't all the artifacts (excluding Heartfinder) edged weapons?

PaleBlade, Crystal Sword, Konax Minoc, what's the fifth artifact? I don't think I've ever found it.

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Daykon Marke.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by The Creator:

For "bows" you just can't go past the guns in Doom Moon II. But then, for super-powered anything you can't go past Doom Moon II.
The Baleful Fasces with Flaming Weapon from Fahd al Ghalib tops the Queen of Swords. Destiny almost ties it. And of course, B2 is chock-full of encumbrance-0 armor at evert turn. And then, there's the Flamethrowers... :P

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #10
Um, when I played B2 (until I encountered magic, that is :( ), I found a shop with 1-25+16+flaming weapons for sale, if you have 8000 gold for them, that is. :D Anyway, that's the best weapon I've ever encountered (even if I didn't possess it).

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 4889
Profile Homepage #11
Well,the way i get my strong weapons is the easy way,i make a scenario and stuff it full of my god items,and i use em.. :o

--------------------
Its just my opinion,i could be wrong.

Lothgar Gaming!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #12
Well, that's what all the scenario designers do, too. They just give you the privelege and satisfaction of completing the quests to get them. Or getting the money to buy them, but that's a different story. :D

But if you need a good weapon...yep, that's the easiest way to go.

--------------------
-ben4808
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #13
Quests of the Spheres - The Singing Weapons - Singing Sword, Singing Halberd, Singing Mace (a throwing weapon that returns!)

You can also get these in the High-Level party maker that comes with Destiny of the Spheres - no need to play the scenario itself.

Of course - these are realistic weapons, not "god-sized."

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00