Help under Hagfen

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help under Hagfen
Apprentice
Member # 10427
Profile #0
I'm currently stuck underneath Hagfen in the room in the southeastern part of the cave. After killing a few undead, my way is blocked by a bunch of movable blocks. I've pushed a few around, reset the screen, pushed again, but I do not see anyway to get in the next room.

I'm sure that I'm missing some logical sequence of pushes, but my brain has hit a deadend.

Can anyone help me?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
The blocks to the south are unimportant so shove them south to give you room. You need to move the ones to the northeast so there is only one block left. Shove them west and south so you have an empty space next to the northeast block. When there is only one block, push that one east until you can open the door to the eastern room.

Have fun fighting the undead.

To open the gate to the south you have to figure out the steps to get all the braziers to light at once. Eventually you will get it.
Apprentice
Member # 10427
Profile #2
Still can't figure this one out... This is the original room configuration:

IMAGE(http://www.geocities.com/marthos/blocks.JPG)

I can push every block without a letter down to the southern part of the room with no problem.

From there, I can start by moving blocks A, C, and D.

If I start by moving block D, it has only one place to go - next to F. This blocks F for good. So starting with D is not the correct choice.

If I start by moving block C, I can only move it next to E. From here, I can move either A or D. If I move D, it goes next to F - no dice. If I move A, it can only go next to E. This then allows me to move B, but I can't do much with that.

If I start by moving block A, I have the options as starting from C.

I don't see a way to get behind A,B,C,D in order to clear the way to push F east.

Is there perhaps a lever or something that changes this room configuration into something that I can work with? Or am I still missing something?

Thanks for any help.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Move C north, then move your first character into the space between C's new position, D, and F. Now move F east until it is past the door. You can move diagonally, but the blocks can't.

In the early betas the blocks would move differently, so this wasn't a hard problem. There will be two more block puzzles in the game in the Jagged Aerie and Castle Aethdoc.
Apprentice
Member # 4512
Profile Homepage #4
Hi I'm stuck in nearly the same spot. I had already passed the blocks and have now cleared the level. I want to exit back upstairs and can't since all accesses are blocked by portcullises.

We just sort of wandered down here and jumped off the cliff... maybe not so smart in retrospect. Did we need to be on a quest or have a key to open the portcullises? Is there another way up?

And while we're on the topic... how does one pronounce "portcullises" anyway?
Apprentice
Member # 10427
Profile #5
I am officially stupid.

I have beaten this as the Romans, and I'm on the Celts now. Up until this point, I had no idea that I could diagonally. I've always used the arrow keys to move around.

Wow. This totally changes my whole concept of the world.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Guru:

Hi I'm stuck in nearly the same spot. I had already passed the blocks and have now cleared the level. I want to exit back upstairs and can't since all accesses are blocked by portcullises.

In the northeast part of the level near the ogres is a room with a wheel that will open one of the gates so you can get back out. I think it was the north gate of the two that are blocking you.