Exp Glitch?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exp Glitch?
Apprentice
Member # 373
Profile Homepage #0
Okay so I cheat, I gave all my characters 10k exp when I started, but they didn't gain any level for lke an hour, I've been using The poison spell and they all die right after I cast it, no exp. Then I used melee and everyone gained a level. Then I tried firebolt and one died, no exp. There something messed with the spells, or is the crack getting to me?(not really)

--------------------
Woot my Number is 373, how many poeple can say that!!

Give me some credit I made this site 9 years ago, I was 12. Just highlight the words to read them.

www.maxpages.com/exile3
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #1
The way I've understood it, the experience your group gains is adjusted based on your level and the level of your opponent, i.e. if you kill a bunch of low level goblins with a lvl 10 party, you're not supposed to gain any xp.

If you're killing the same type of enemy, and are gaining xp with melee weapons but not with spells, then I'd assume there's something wrong. Email Jeff about it, or post in the 'Resurrection for Windows notes' thread maybe?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
When a monster dies to a summoned creature or through poison damage where it dies without you hitting it, then you don't gain experience. Also summoned creatures don't give experience when they die.

At level 10 you should still be getting a point of XP per goblin.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Are you sure everyone didn't gain a lot of levels when you killed something with melee? That would explain why you're not getting more levels for more puny enemies.

—Alorael, who also wouldn't be terribly surprised if some remnant of the old experience oddities remain. You wouldn't happen to have a friend from Vanarium with you, would you?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 373
Profile Homepage #4
I guess I didn't clarify, sorry. I just started the game, and gave all my characters 5000 xp. The first fight I got into was in the stone circle to the south, I can spells first cause my druids were faster, I didn't gain any levels off my spells, then I hit with a melee, and everyone gained a level, and then again. It could be that you don't gain exp with poison, but I also used the fire spell too...

--------------------
Woot my Number is 373, how many poeple can say that!!

Working on an Avernum 4 site. No walkthrough yet, check it out anyway I put a forum up already.

http://freewebs.com/avernum4