Vale of the Sould

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Vale of the Sould
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
There are two portals in the Vale of the Sould. The one by the entrance I have been through. There is a second one near the center just past the rooms with the contracts for souls, Every time I try to enter I get pushed back. The FAQ doesn't mention what is on the other side. Has anyone ever made it through and remember where it goes?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I only vaguely know what you're talking about, but if memory serves there's a portal that's only there for decoration and that's the one you're thinking of.

—Alorael, who must add that the Vale of the Sould is one of Jeff's better concepts. Samael and his dummy are great. It's a shame you can't pawn your souls and make resurrection that much less convenient.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #2
As far as I know, that portal doesn't go anywhere.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Thanks. It was bothering me since everything else that I missed was listed in the walkthrough or other threads.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #4
Just because no one else has ever gotten that portal to work for anything, doesn't mean that it doesn't lead somewhere no else has ever seen. The secrets of Nethergate are vast and marvelous. Why, that portal just may lead to a place where you use the puzzle box. :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
I think the Puzzle Box is an evil trick and Jeff knows it. But hey, it's all part of the Nethergate ambience.

—Alorael, who is equally sure that the Puzzle Box has a use that unlocks a whole new and interesting section of plot.

[ Thursday, January 18, 2007 20:33: Message edited by: Ultimate Airspace Violation ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
No one has step on the one square that will trigger the puzzle box. This probably requires going back to a square from the first part of the game.