Roman Party - All Druid

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Roman Party - All Druid
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
quote:
Originally written by earanhart:

The all-druid Roman party is a painful challenge.

The all druid Roman party has less spell energy and selection than the Celtic party, but it isn't that much harder than a regular Roman party. Since they get to use armor and now have multi-target attacks they actually get better as you go through the game. Once you can buy energy draughts and elixirs it makes them easier.
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #1
Be that as it may, that still sounds like an incredibly painful way to play the game.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Halfway through the game at it's easier than I thought it would be to play on the hardest level. It was slow at the start building up spell energy, but now with my original four and the druid hire having all the war circle spells it's easy. In usually one to two rounds I can kill everything without taking damage.

The Lands of Annwn may be a challenge since I have to bring in enough energy draughts and other potions to have enough spell energy. No multiple target spirit circle spells like soul lances to take out hordes of undead. It will be just lances of fire and the occasional heroes of old spells.

[ Monday, January 15, 2007 19:27: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Finished the game. Way too easy at the end and I was too conservative on using energy draughts. I went into the Spire with 200 and still had almost half when I reached the Nethergate. You don't even need Hero of Old until the Land of Annwn and especially in the Spire so you can avoid healing.

Nethergate - where men are Romans and faeries run scared.

It gets to be a matter of how much loot can you carry. After the halfway point I increased dexterity and defense so I rarely got hit except by spells. With so much intelligence for spellcasting, I didn't get charmed by control life.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Well, I admit that I'm surprised.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00