Celtic Party - All Druids?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Celtic Party - All Druids?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
Has anyone tried an all druid party for the Celts? Since they can use all those neat attack spells especially darts of ice and later soul lances for multiple targets they can do more damage per round than fighters. The best uses I've found for my fighters is as high health shields and pack mules.

After picking up a mercenary after the demo you have a ready made shield. There are also several places where you can get charged up to higher health to help with the most dangerous areas. Carry enough energy potions and you don't even have to worry about spell energy.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Hm... when Nethergate 2.0 comes out, I vow to try this. An all-druid party is something I've shot for in every RPG I've ever played.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 7823
Profile #2
Not really all that hard. The all-druid Roman party is a painful challenge.

And besides, wouldn't 'all-druid' mean you need to convert your meatshield to a druid?
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #3
Nethergate is the perfect game for an all-druid party, since Celts can't wear armor anyway. I always play with 4 druids for my Celt party, when I'm not playing a singleton, that is. :P

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 7299
Profile #4
It'd be kinda scary if the enemy got close to you though, with no warrior, etc. And you might have to distribute skill points accordingly (one War/Beast Spells, one Healing/Craft Spells, one Spirit Spells, etc.)

Keep posting,

--------------------
The Leaf, still green, must someday fall.
Such grief, such joy, to live at all.
-From T.A. Barron's Book - The Wings of Merlin
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by UrAvgAzn:

It'd be kinda scary if the enemy got close to you though, with no warrior, etc.
That's what Hero of Old is for. :P

quote:
Originally written by UrAgAzn:

And you might have to distribute skill points accordingly (one War/Beast Spells, one Healing/Craft Spells, one Spirit Spells, etc.)
That's exactly how I do it. Although each one gets a few points in the other circles as well.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
By the endgame, skill points basically grow on trees anyway. After Annwn I was giving weapon skills to my druids just so they'd have extra HP.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Actually using the skill points for strength and/or dexterity will raise the weapons skills, increase carrying capacity, and make it harder to hit you.

Being able to take out your opponents in the first round means not needing as much health. With 4 spellcasters and the Roman deserter to deal with locks it wouldn't be that hard.
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

With 4 spellcasters and the Roman deserter to deal with locks it wouldn't be that hard.
Why do you need him to deal with locks when you can cast Pass Portal?

--------------------
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
I should have said traps, since I got blown up so many times with a druid with nimble fingers trait and high intelligence. After you can buy tool use he was still 2 levels below the Roman. Tool use is a hidden skill based upon intelligence and dexterity so the Celts have it to a limited extent, but have a hard time improving it at 1/4 the increase in those 2 stats.