Why would you buy that?!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Why would you buy that?!
Apprentice
Member # 7174
Profile #0
There are various objects in Nethergate you can buy, such as: Mortar, Sac of Grains, Papyrus Paper. These things are fun to read of how they were used--and the Nethergate staff did their homework--and the little references to stuff like Daffy Duck. But these items are otherwise useless, arn't they? I mean, why would you buy an amphorae? It doesn't even look good when you put it in your room! I tried to decorate my given room at the fort and things started disappearing when there was too much of it!

Also, for what reason would you buy a cursed item?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Useless items are just there to add atmosphere to the game. There's generally no good reason to buy them.

Oh, and just so you know, "the Nethergate staff" is basically just one guy and his wife. These games aren't designed by some big studio. :P

[ Tuesday, June 06, 2006 01:40: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7174
Profile #2
Ah, I've always wondered if Jeff--and his wife--did everything themselves... texture, programming, and such. I've always been fond of the way the game makes you feel closer to them... kinda like they're story tellers and we gather to listen to them.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Jeff did everything himself. Then his wife got involved. Then Linda, Spiderweb's third and final employee, got involved. Jeff does the programming and the playing God and the other two do some designing and some playing demigod.

—Alorael, who wouldn't ignore all those "useless" items. There will be a time when you'll want some papyrus and a pen, and there will definitely be a time when you need an amphora of wine. If you are like certain individuals who slip into the third person regularly, you will spend an inordinate amount of time looking for that wine.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
The only things in SW's games that are not made by Jeff, Mariann and/or Linda are the graphical art, which is mostly done by a single freelance artist (with another who has made occasional but notable contributions), and the sound, which is licensed from online sound resources.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7174
Profile #5
Ah, ever more impressive :D

Also, I've realize a minimal use for objects, such as ink and pen and papyrus...