How To Live With The Curse

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How To Live With The Curse
Apprentice
Member # 5651
Profile #0
I have been cursed by three ugly old women. This is supposed to make everyone feel rather uncomfortable around me.

When I try to talk to an NPC who actually has something to say, such as Cormac the Druid - who should be the least likely to be ruffled by it - the NPC can't keep from being distracted from the ominous curse marks on my arms...

If, however, I address one of the common townsfolk, they will happily make small talk with me for a while, even though I'll learn nothing of note.

There... you always knew the poor were also the kind, and apparently braver than anyone else in the village except for Carridwen and the chief.

That's how you live with it! Goodnight.

--------------------
In D&D there are lots of gods. Some of them are Jesus Christ and Lucifer, and they have equal power. Players can choose either to worship one of them, and as most of them find it funny, they choose to worship Lucifer. It is one of the ways how pure souls are taken by the devil...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Hee hee.

You should still get the curse fixed, though -- apart from making people not talk to you, it also gives a small effective penalty to all your stats.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
It's not so small. I think it's equivalent to at least three points of Dread Curse.

—Alorael, who has not tested this extensively. This is, in fact, a figure made up more or less on the spot based on the fact that three is a substantial number with several applicable associations.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5651
Profile #3
Yes, after being cursed, the number of monsters summoned by Call Beast by a druid of mine dropped to 1 - which is below what it was in the very start...

INT 6 helped that, but still...

However, It doesn't look as if I could fix it without registering, and there was someone who suggested I'd not do that yet since there was an update coming. Could anyone tell me any more on this?

--------------------
In D&D there are lots of gods. Some of them are Jesus Christ and Lucifer, and they have equal power. Players can choose either to worship one of them, and as most of them find it funny, they choose to worship Lucifer. It is one of the ways how pure souls are taken by the devil...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Go ahead and register. (And if there's another game you want to get, register them both at the same time to get the Nethergate discount.) The Nethergate update won't be available for a long time.

Dikiyoba.