Maps

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Maps
Apprentice
Member # 5358
Profile #0
I've been playing for a while now, and one thing that's always bothered me is how much I'm getting lost. I'm getting lost trying to get from quadrant to quadrant, and even within dungeons, because the "overhead" map doesn't fit on one page and scrolls as the party is moving around. The quadrant (outdoors) maps are worse, because they don't scroll as you move but as you reach boundaries, and then the map jumps all of a sudden. That really, really sucks.

Does anyone have any maps, or any way to extract them from the game itself?

Wouldn't it be better to have a map we could all look at then to constantly have these discussions that go something like: "... and then go left a little ways, and then up, and then down, and then forward, but not all the way, just part of the way, and somewhere around there is a hidden passage, and then..."

That's not much better than: "... and then poke around for a few hours and try running into every wall and eventually you'll find it."

Heeeeeeeeeelp, there has to be a better way!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Short of taking screenshots and piecing them together the way that Jeff does for his hint books, I don't know of anything that might help.

The hint book for Nethergate does contain elaborate maps, though, if you feel like spending ten bucks.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #2
And obviously if you have a specific question many people would be glad to answer your questions.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Apprentice
Member # 5358
Profile #3
I'd prefer not to bug people with questions that could be answered by a simple JPEG. But now that you mention the hint book, I know why there are no maps posted anywhere. Man's gotta make a living...
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #4
If i had Nethergate installed atm i would concider paecign maps together, and partly for my benefit as well. So, i may undertake that task in teh near future, aftyer i paly through A3 one more time adn finaly beat the first Blades scenario.

[ Sunday, January 16, 2005 11:36: Message edited by: High Lord Sylak ]

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.