The Puzzling Puzzle Box

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Puzzling Puzzle Box
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #0
I found a lovely Puzzle Box in one of Reptrakos' treasure boxes, but have no idea what to do with it.

I remember wondering about this during my first time playing through Nethergate. All it ever did was site in my Special Items inventory. I've played as both Celts and Romans, so I know it's not a party-oriented quest/reward thing (such as getting the Dragon Blood, which is a Roman quest).
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
As far as I know, not even Jeff knows what purpose it serves any more. It's been lost to the ages...

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #2
Maybe it's there just to mystify and puzzle. If so, it's served its purpose admirably especially considering it's a *Puzzle* Box.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #3
Someone needs to take Nethergate apart at some point and find out what half this stuff is for. I mean, Pearlblossom people? There's far too much that has been lost to the ages. Compared with Avernum, Geneforge, EVEN Exile, there's too many things that have been forgotten.

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 09:47: Message edited by: FatBatMonkey ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Pearlblossom gives you a sneak peak at life in Castle Aethdoc. She also acts as a warning that all is not roses and giggles in sidhe land just in case the contract didn't make that abundantly clear.

—Alorael, who doesn't see anything wrong with dialogue that serves only as a reminder of a number of legends regarding faeries. It beats the wishes fish.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #5
Decompiling the games is in a direct violation of their EULAs, as they aren't open source. of cource, im sure if you have baught the game then Jeff might, not will, just possibly might, sell you the code, or give you the code legaly. There is a very slim chance of that, but it is possible.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by The Jiroveci Connection:

It beats the wishes fish.
I'd have to speculate that that fish at one point had Sylak's Talking Skull because at one point the skull says "I'll give you three wishes if you let me go!" and then hastily adds "Just kidding!" The fish expresses how foolish it felt by saying "Three wishes! What was I thinking!" making it sound like it took the skull up on its offer. Just an idea.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #7
no, the fish is from a fairy tale in which and old man is granted 3 wishes by a fish who he catches and then lets go. his wife makes him wish that she was teh righest pwerson in the world, was queen of the world, and something else. eventually the fish basicly says "wtf?^^ why are you wishing your wife gets that?"
*idea*
mabey jeff interprets that story as how Queen Buddica came to power. just a thought...

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.