Some Basic Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Some Basic Questions
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #0
I just bought Nethergate (I had been playing the demo) and received the disk in the mail. I downloaded the full version when I received the email, uninstalled the demo, installed the one I had just downloaded and started playing a new game. Last night I got two messages in different rooms in pink (the messages were in pink) about going to spidweb.com. Was this normal or do I somehow still have a demo version? I noticed when I installed the downloaded copy from the ftp site given in the email that the main screen still has the choice on how to order. Is there something wrong maybe? Should I install from the disk?

Also, question on candles and lamps...how long will they provide light? Are lamps refillable or do they just provide a larger radius of light?

I am still working on the mines (playing the Romans). Taking it slow as the game is still new to me. This game is a great deal of fun and I am hooked already.

I am sure I will have more questions later as I get further in to the story. Thanks for the help.

John
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #1
I haven't registered, so I can't answer the first one, but lamps provide light longer than torches or candles. That is something I'm sure of. They can't, however, be refilled.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #2
Thought so on lamps versus torches....

The game is decidedly different based on which side you pick, I will say that! I tried the Celts first but then switched to the Romans to follow the help file tutorial a bit. I feel so stupid at times trying to remember who has missile weapons and who doesn't. So dumb.. :)
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #3
The demo ends once you get to cross the bridge. If you downloaded it from the ftp site listed in the email, you're probably OK. It's likely that your game is fine, and you'll probably get the CD shortly if not anyway.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #4
I got the cd already (such fast shipping. This company is great!) but was so curious about the odd message in town and once in the mine about visiting the web site. Since I am not so far in, I may just uninstall what I have and install from the disk.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #5
The pink messages seem to appear when the [*] key on the number pad is pressed. I think it's just supposed to be silly, pay it no mind.

As for the "How to order" option on the main menu, it never goes away. Just ignore it, too.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
What we need is Urban Wisdom!
Vote Wise Man!
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #6
That's it! I was mis-hitting the number pad a couple times during movement. Cool, I will pick up where I left off. This game is so cool! I was sold on it quickly. The premise alone of Romans versus the Celts was fascinating.

[ Wednesday, April 30, 2003 09:35: Message edited by: Felwynne ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #7
if u hit one of the Function Keys (the F# keys) you get somethign about happy Celt. It's funny, and servs the same purpas.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.