what is the ring of endless magery for?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: what is the ring of endless magery for?
Apprentice
Member # 7035
Profile Homepage #0
after i've spent money finding out where it is, I want to know what it does. These dungeons can be long and annoying and boring- I should know- so I want ti find out before going.
thanks for any assistance- please dont post walkthrus. ;)

--------------------
Deedle Doot Doot Dee Dee- Let's all go to cat Town-
www.spatch.net/cattown
The homepage of insanity
http://mrsporkula.piczo.com
Step Lightly, Stay Free
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
It gives you a big rechard of spell points 50 times. It's like having 50 energy elixirs.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
Doesn't it also provide some sort of protection?

Edit: Yes that's right it provides 4 levels of defense. Not bad for a ring.

On testing I am reminded that the ring provides 45 spell points. This is more than a medium energy potion (30) but less than a strong energy potion (60).

[ Tuesday, April 18, 2006 13:09: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
It's a neat item and there are some other items in the area. Mandrake for knowledge brew, etc. It was meant to be a challenge to get as you will find out when you get there.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
No, actually it only works 40 times. But it is a great substitute for carrying a load of energy potions wherever you go.

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 7035
Profile Homepage #5
Thanks. Sounds cool enough. I was hoping it would give you ALL mage spells *laughs gleefully* but this may actucally be more practical. Speaking of magery, where do you get magic map? I had it on a previous party but I cant rerember where it comes from.

--------------------
Deedle Doot Doot Dee Dee- Let's all go to cat Town-
www.spatch.net/cattown
The homepage of insanity
http://mrsporkula.piczo.com
Step Lightly, Stay Free
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
The second stone circle you visit is the most common place. There's a stone circle on the Isle of Bigail in the mountains, above Fort Emergence through a secret passage in the mountains, and inside a circular hill northwest of Storm Port, though you'll need to fly to get there. There's also two more farther north.

Also, a couple people sell it, though I don't know who. Once you get it, you won't be able to use it unless you have a sapphire. An Orb of Sight is nice too.

--------------------
-ben4808