Exile 2: Crystal Souls Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile 2: Crystal Souls Questions
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #0
I need some questions cleared up, because there seems to be some... discrepencies/screwups between Avernum 2 and Exile 2: Crystal Souls. (Apart from the obvious ones, that is.)

With Exile 2: Crystal Souls...
Almaria:
Is there a 'Laura' in Almaria?If so, does she have an animal companion named dagger?Can you actually talk to the animal companion?If so, what does it respond with if you ask 'name'? (Verbatim please, if possible.)The Castle:
Does Prince Chevyn(sp?) actually appear in the Exile 2: Crystal Souls?If he doesn't specifically appear in Exile 2: Crystal Souls, is there a child in The Castle?Is there a 'Lithgow' in The Castle?If not, what is the name of the man who hands out the stipend for those who have Crown Clearance?Patrick's Tower:
What do the two signs inside the garden say? (Verbatim please, if possible.)Is there a 'Julz' in Patrick's Tower?Is there a 'Lithgow' in Patrick's Tower?

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Can't help you with the others, but there was definitely a Prince Chevyn in the Exile series.

"I'm Chevyn! Prince Chevyn! I'm royal!" Hee hee. How could I ever forget that?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6522
Profile Homepage #2
Almaria
-- Yes, there's a Laura.
-- She does have a familiar named Dagger.
-- Yes, you can talk to Dagger.
-- The 'name' response is "I'm Dagger. Like you care." Oh, that mischevious chap.7

The Castle
-- Prince Chevyn indeed does appear in Exile 2's Castle. He's in the southeast corner. He and Fred are hilarious.
-- No 'Lithgow' that I could find.
-- The stipend fellow is named Garret.

Patrick's Tower
-- There's not one sign in the garden in Exile 2.
-- I didn't find a 'Julz.'
-- There is indeed a 'Lithgow' - he's the priest who sends you out looking for borgia toadstools.

Hope that helps.

[ Friday, December 16, 2005 10:03: Message edited by: SirNick ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #3
@Sir Nick:
It does more than help, mate. Apart from satisfying my curiousity, it allows me to improve the A2 Template.

On A Related Note:
In A2 there is a sign specifically referring to Lithgow, but the priest is named 'Julz'.I couldn't find Prince Chevyn in A2, although Fred makes an appearance.Dagger has no dialogue whatsoever in A2.And the Stipend dude is named Lithgow in A2.I get the very strong impression that certain areas in A2 were remade by entirely different people. One of them didn't have the meticulous attitude of the other.
In A2, there are two floors that are only marginally different from each other. The sections and towns that don't use the second floor are almost always a sloppy recreation at best.

--------------------
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Apprentice
Member # 6522
Profile Homepage #4
I've not played any of the Avernum series past demos, so it's a shame that that's the case with the remakingness, if that's a word.

What is this A2 Template you speak of?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by SirNick:

What is this A2 Template you speak of?
He's recreating the towns and outdoors of Avernum 2 in the form of a BoA scenario. Kelandon's hosting it here:

http://home.sanbrunocable.com/~tommywatts03/A2Template.html

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by CPeters:

I couldn't find Prince Chevyn in A2
He's definitely there. I remember him. Well, unless he's in A1.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #7
He was in A1, no question of it. There was a quest from him - retrieve his jeweled ring.

I'm fairly certain that he is absent in A2. I could always go and double check...

A2 -> Castle -> fetch every crate and barrel -> isolate individual areas... you can see where I am going with this. I searched every square inch of that place when I rebuilt it for the Template. I ran into every other character about 40 times, but never saw Chevyn.

--------------------