Recuperation

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Recuperation
Apprentice
Member # 6269
Profile #0
How good is recuperation? I am too lazy to test it much...

I just beat E2 and I'm planning to make a 2 character human party for E3 with lots of advantages. not sure if recuperation is useful though.

also someone mentioned highly alert preventing you from being slowed or something like that? is that true?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
It definitely protects against Sleep and probably Paralysis, which is good to have in a 2PC party (although moreso for a singleton). I would personally go for Recuperation, as the XP penalty never means much for me anyway.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #2
I always do recuperation on all my PCs. The XP penalty doesn't make too much of a difference, but having your health come back 15x faster makes dungeon crawling much nicer.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Apprentice
Member # 6269
Profile #3
hey speaking of advantages, is there info anywhere on their exact effect? how much difference does toughness or magically apt make? *curious*
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by curi:

also someone mentioned highly alert preventing you from being slowed or something like that? is that true?
Highly alert the character trait doesn't prevent you from being slowed, but hyperactivity the spell does reverse slowing on your whole party.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Toughness reduces all damage done to your characters by 1 point. Yep, that's all it does. Don't bother with it.

Not sure how much Magically Apt does. Can't imagine it's good enough to justify the cost.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6247
Profile #6
Highly Alert makes you completely immune to sleep. Recuperation give you a MASSIVE boost to hp regeneration. I'd say Alex's comment on it being 15x faster than normal sounds about right.
Apprentice
Member # 6281
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Locke:

Highly Alert makes you completely immune to sleep. Recuperation give you a MASSIVE boost to hp regeneration. I'd say Alex's comment on it being 15x faster than normal sounds about right.
I have characters with Recuperation and I never noticed it being 15x faster. But then, I don't notice much, not even the secret passages sometimes.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Try using the Wait 100 Moves command in a town. Without Recuperation you'll gain the princely sum of 2 HP. With Recuperation you'll gain 20 HP or so.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #9
Yeah, it definitely is a good deal if you want advantage all the way. Injured and move 2 or 3 moves and you might just gain some health :) You'll eventually get level 50 anyways, why not take the long way and become stronger in the end?

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Recuperation is particularly good for walking through swamps. With it, it's fairly difficult to die of poison.

--------------------