Simulacrum is bullsh!t!!!!!!!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Simulacrum is bullsh!t!!!!!!!!!
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #0
i just realised that if you summon a creature using Simulacrum then you dont get any experience for the things that it kills, that sucks and makes the whole skill basically useless.......

comments anyone
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
Oh well. You should be strong enough not to need that many. But still, it does suck a bit.

EDIT: And dodging the langauge blocker is not allowed.

[ Sunday, August 14, 2005 00:32: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Firstly, calm down.

Secondly, your observation is true of any summoning spell. If a summoned monster kills something, you don't get any significant amount of experience for it. Summoning is generally more useful for defending yourself than for attacking opponents anyway, although Simulacrum is something of an exception to this.

Thirdly, by the later parts of the game (experience level 20 onwards) you don't really benefit a huge amount from gaining further levels anyway. You start to get fewer skill points per level, you can get skill points by buying Knowledge Brews, and there are fewer useful things left to spend your skill points on.

[ Sunday, August 14, 2005 01:01: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #3
sorry about the potty-mouth :( , some forums its accepted and some it isnt, it wont happen again.

I think that its a great skill, capture a Empire archer or a Vanathi (cant remember how its spelt) Warrior. To finish easy tedious battles quick
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Basilisks are a good choice as well, if you can find one.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #5
Just for reference, go to Drakefyre's Demense and read his column on "The Fallicy of Summoning". (Think that's what it's called.)
I heartily agree in that I don't think I ever summon anything.
Possibly, at first, when you try all the different attributes, PC's, etc., but not ever after that.
I personally feel the same about Alchemy and Archery, unless a Scenario specifically calls for it and equips you adequately.
I favor the basic skills; Fighting and Casting, at least until I, (we) are of sufficient levels to allow "playing" with other characteristics.
Or......... if you use edited characters.
me
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2954
Profile #6
I just use spells like Simulacram and any summoning spell to add up the number of targets for my side...

My favorite spell is Mass Charm and Major Blessing. Those two together could turn any fight.

--------------------
My party is but a singleton.
He has no friends.
Banished from the Empire on that basis.
His only friends he has are souls of:
- Ur-basilisk
- Vahnahtai Blademaster
- Vahnahtai Lord (Mage)
- Empire Dervish
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #7
If the last post was a month ago, then it's usually an indication that the topic is dead!
Please don't revive it.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #8
What's wrong with reviving dead topics?
But anyways, I like to save standing right next to Motrax, and keep casting capture soul on him(her?) until I successfully store him. If I run out of SP, I just re-load. He's very useful in combat.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

What's wrong with reviving dead topics?
A typical revived topic looks like this: brought back to life for no real reason, adding no useful information. This revival was less pointless than most.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #10
Maybe there should be an autolock feature for topics having no posts after a specified period of time. Like if nobody posts on a topic for, say 2 weeks, it gets locked. That would prevent needless topic revival.

BTW, that is a VERY extreme case. Comparing that case to this one is like comparing a heart attack to high blood pressure.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #11
I don't have a problem with topic revivals. Pointless ones don't happen that often and if any topic needs to be revived for a good reason (eg TM's topic :P ), then it's there and unlocked.

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 6324
Profile #12
Ever tried capturing a Quickghast? It's so lamely overpowered. It easily cranks up 9 20-30 hits each round. It does have low hp though.. But still. Simulacrum is useful. Other great thing to get is slith high priest/mage ;)
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Espionage:

I just realized that if you summon a creature using Simulacrum then you dont get any experience for the things that it kills. That sucks and makes the whole skill basically useless.
No, you think?

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider