Did YOU Cheat?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Did YOU Cheat?
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
Honestly, did you use the editor to get the Ring of Endless Magery, the Black Halberd, and the Fury Crossbow? I only used it for the ring, because the dungeon was so dang annoying.

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 21 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=PRKccmeIdSIV"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=PRKccmeIdSIV"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I use the editor as a bank to avoid the irritating gold cap and occasionally use it to heal and restore energy. I don't add items.

—Alorael, who supposes this is not exactly true. He has, on occasion, cheated to add potions when he needs them, but he tries to then dump an equal number of potions from his stockpile.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #2
I use the editor in some of the silliest situations (no specific example comes to mind). Basically, if I'm in some battle and forgot to buy enough potions or I'm too lazy that day to go out and find a place to sleep, I cheat. I heal my characters, resurrect someone if I'm too lazy to walk to a town (which would take two minutes of real time).

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Oh, darnit. I didn't realize this was for the Exile Trilogy. Well, in the Avernum Trilogy, I didn't. (I didn't in the ET either, but I didn't play the ET.)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3530
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by behind stingy cactus:

I use the editor in some of the silliest situations (no specific example comes to mind). Basically, if I'm in some battle and forgot to buy enough potions or I'm too lazy that day to go out and find a place to sleep, I cheat. I heal my characters, resurrect someone if I'm too lazy to walk to a town (which would take two minutes of real time).
Yea, I did pretty much the same thing. Those potions are sweet. BTW, what are the five artifacts, you have the ones you listed, the Pachter's Plate(an awesome armor) and whats the last one???

I sometimes wish there wasn't an editor. Because it is SOOOOO easy to cheat now, it kinda depresses me, because I don't finish the game without cheating.

[ Friday, March 18, 2005 18:03: Message edited by: Italianhitman ]
Apprentice
Member # 5578
Profile #5
I used cheats only in dire situations. Of course, the definition of "dire situation" changed depending on what kind of situation I was actually in... ;)

--------------------
What kind of idiot quotes himself?
My kind of idiot!

"As to newbie questions, they will always exist. They always have existed. They will never stop existing, failing total destruction of the Universe. No, not just the world. If any newbies survived the destruction of the world, they would be asking "wy cant i breeth in teh space??!/1/!?!/!!" Only destruction of the Universe will totally get rid of Newbie Questions.
So deal with it."

It's the Axial Tilt, Stupid! -Douglas Adams
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #6
I use the free extras

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Hey, I thought this was about the AT too. While playing Exile I used healing much more frequently, I didn't bank, and I didn't add potions. With spells like Avatar, Major Blessing, and Protection, energy is more important than potions.

—Alorael, who will also ruefully admit to supplementing his skribbane stock with the editor. There's no such thing as enough skribbane.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #8
Wouldn't it be in the Avernum section if it was about Avernum???

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Warrior
Member # 3530
Profile #9
good point
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #10
Strangely, so far people have used the editor on everything except the Black Halberd quest (not saying that some people didn't earn them properly, of course).

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #11
The fifth artifact is the Knowledge Brew. I rarely use the editor, and then only for gold.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #12
Knowlege Brew? That's strange because usually an artifact is ONE of a kind, while you can make Knowlege Brews if you find the recpipe.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
Well, the artifact is the recipe.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3122
Profile #14
I don't use the editor as a general rule unless I'm completely stuck (like "teleported into solid rock" stuck). That's the thrill of Exile for me- can you match wits with Jeff?

--------------------
It slices, it dices, and yes, makes french fries in 2,089 different ways!
Warrior
Member # 5531
Profile #15
I use the editor for occasional healing and gold.

--------------------
Trouser Snake.
Mustakrakish.

Infiltrators? No. Agents? YES!!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #16
I'll admit, I use the Editor to get interesting items I missed and heard others talk about such as the Pirates Blade and Ghoulbane.

Another quick question: Are there any items in the editor that aren't able to be found in the game?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
Yep. As far as anyone knows, in Exile 3, Demonslayer and the Adamantite Axe are only available via the editor. (Demonslayer's available in Avernum 3, of course, although you find it so late that it's not much use.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #18
Any others, or is that the lot? I could have sworn that the Justice Lance was a Editor-Only item...

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
I don't think the Justice Lance is in E3 at all, editor or game. It's in A3, and I'm pretty sure it's in the game as well as the editor.

—Alorael, who doesn't remember finding it in A3. He's basing his guess mainly on discussions and the people who claimed to have the Justice Lance.
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #20
Where is the dungeon with the Ring OEM? I'm having trouble finding it.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
It's in the Tower of Zkal. Go to Gale and buy a boat trip from the nephil there, then head southwest on the island full of undead. You'll find the tower if you've already paid the nameless mage for information about it.

If you haven't, you can find him in several towns. Krizsan is one. Search all the small houses and see if you find him. If you don't, you can either look in the smaller towns to the west or wait outside for a change in the day. The mage will be there eventually.

—Alorael, who does not like the Tower of Zkal at all. It is painful and really not worth the reward.
Lifecrafter
Member # 375
Profile #22
I used the editor for when I have to go through annoying swamps (like BoE's first scenario... haven't played in so long I can't even remember it :( ) and healing when I'm in a dungeon and just can't rest because yet another monster comes and brings me down to near-death.

--------------------
"I liked white better."
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #23
Yeah I just use mine for healing food and money.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Missing in Alorael:

I don't think the Justice Lance is in E3 at all, editor or game. It's in A3, and I'm pretty sure it's in the game as well as the editor.

—Alorael, who doesn't remember finding it in A3. He's basing his guess mainly on discussions and the people who claimed to have the Justice Lance.

Sorry, I was thinking of A3.

--------------------

Pages