E3: Items... and the stress they cause

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: E3: Items... and the stress they cause
Apprentice
Member # 4795
Profile Homepage #0
Yeah, okay, so perhaps not so dramatic, but still... I've tried "everything" (in quotes, because I probably haven't but this is a plea, so nyeh) and I just need some kind of "you sillyhead" noogie or "oh, here's how..." reassurance or something...

But there's really no way to combine items manually, is there? :( The 24-item limit is driving me insane as my packmule (also known as my mage/priest hybrid) is hoarding a lot of energy/healing potions, but they all say "(1)" next to them to indicate how many times they could be used and I just want to DO something to just combine them all into a compact compilation, like Darts(60) or something.

I suppose I could abuse my Editor and tweak my Gold so I can buy fewer Strong Energy/Healing potions instead of a mass of weak ones. (I'm starting over, and their beginner point values haven't gotten too drastic.) But I want to use it sparsely, only having done it once to get my lovely equipment.

/new to the community and hoping that I haven't made a fool of myself already :confused:
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Some items just don't combine, and potions are one of them. If you find yourself with so many magical items that carrying them all is a problem, they're obviously not seeing much use; stop hoarding and start selling.
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #2
Or store 'em. The supply room at Fort Emergence, the House on the Hill (near the Troglo Castle) and Hawke's MManse, if you're willing to shell out 8000 gold, are all places to store your items.

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Apprentice
Member # 1660
Profile Homepage #3
some items do combine, but they can be a little tricky. at least in exile II. f'rinstance, if my head guy's pack is full, and he's carrying torches, he can't pick up any more. so i have my second guys pick them up. head guy gives second guys his torches, so torches are combined. second guy passes them back to head guy. *whew*
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
I don't think scrolls combine either.

And oh yeah, If you want a game that has almost every item combine, try Avernum.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!