Some Chapter 2 Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Some Chapter 2 Questions
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #0
1. I have decided to help Moses by doing random quests for the other 2 guardians and got rewarded from shapers. With a lot of difficulty I have later killed the 2 guardians but not Moses. Did anyone manage to Kill Moses at that point (after helping him of course)? Would sabotaging the machine before helping him work?

2. Is there any consequences of clearing the Shaper camp at Turabi's gates? I.e. will anyone later in the game turn hostile towards me; will it improve the reputation with rebels (not just the spying quest)?

----
With a special eyebrow
Got by killing an eyebeast,
I am stealthier than cow
(Or than hypo, at the least).
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
There is a Moseh in the game, and then later also a Mose. No Moses. But I presume you mean Moseh.

So far no-one has reported successfully killing Moseh after first restoring him. One report suggested it was impossible, in that he absorbed about 4000 points of damage without dying. I'd bet that sabotaging his machine would help with this, but it might well not help enough. Good luck.

Clearing out Turabi doesn't seem to really matter one way or the other. You are told in a couple of places that the Turabi guards are unusually hotheaded, and also that the Shaper commanders won't tell all their underlings that you are working for them. So they will understand if you have to fight some loyalists, and fighting the Turabi force would seem to be especially understandable. On the other hand it is clear that the rebels have no chance of retaking the Turabi gates even if you do clear out the outer defence force. So it really just doesn't matter.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I tried to kill Moseh after repairing him with no success (I got all his summoned creations attacking him in blessed and hasted mode). There is a message that there is no point in trying to sabotage his machinery the second time and you have to do it the first time usually to get through the area.

Turabi gate has the first location of essence infused skin in the gatehouse for making artifacts. It's a tough fight until chapter 4 where you get better spells to affect the tier 4 creations that guard it. Have fun slaughtering the arrogant guards. Even after you kill them all, if you later return there will be at least one new patrol guard to ask you about what you are doing there.