Essence/Shaping Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Essence/Shaping Question
Apprentice
Member # 14643
Profile #0
Hey guys. I have two questions! I just started playing Geneforge after playing with Avernum and the others for a while. While the game is really fun, Im stuck on a few things.

1. How come when I need essence to create another creature (lets say a third one), it doesnt let me? So if I put in "rechargeme" it doesnt work. If I go back to the citadel or a town, it doesnt recharge me. I even went to one of the pools and while it says that Ive gained 25 essence points, it doesnt reflect it on the blue bar up top. Any idea?

2. How can I upgrade my creatures? Ive done the fyora one but I dont know how I got the little plus sign when I click on it. Do I have to create the monster first and have a certain level in my stats to get a better one? Just confused on how that works and the tutorial was a bit confusing too.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
1. The creations you make tie up essence while they live. So if you have 21 essence and then create a fyora worth 11 essence, you now only have 10 essence. The only way to get back to 21 essence is if the fyora dies or you reabsorb it.

2. If I understand what you are asking correctly, you created a cryoa? You can learn a new version of a creation by learning how to create it three times. So, in your case, using the Geneforge gives you one level in creating fyoras. Then I'm assuming you bought two more levels from Jared. That gives you the ability to create a cryoa.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

1. The creations you make tie up essence while they live. So if you have 21 essence and then create a fyora worth 11 essence, you now only have 10 essence. The only way to get back to 21 essence is if the fyora dies or you reabsorb it.
This has to be the single most common question about Geneforge game mechanics, by the way. There really needs to be a three-coloured essence bar depicting how much essence is left, how much essence has been temporarily used, and how much essence is tied up in creations.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #3
And people had a hard time understanding a two colored essense bar...

[ Wednesday, February 27, 2008 15:22: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=