G5 Artifacts

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 Artifacts
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #0
With G5 looming ever closer (maybe not that close) I started thinking about what the artifacts in G5 would be like. Seeing something like the gloves of savagery again would be nice. Also no artifacts other than the shapemaster boots really seemed to be made for a prue lifecrafter build (at least how I use the class), so an artifact like that. And finally I would like to see a weapon artifact. Like a sword. What do you guys think? Feel free to add your suggestions.

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope they go away.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
The return of the Emerald Chestguard.

And perhaps the crafting of different rings. Dikiyoba wasn't impressed with the three that are available.
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #2
I want more Agent and Infiltrator oriented artifacts.

--------------------
There's a Starman some where in the sky.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #3
Remind me what the emerald chestguard does. Also more stealth would be nice. Hey look at me I can sneak past a drakon!

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

Remind me what the emerald chestguard does.
It guards your chest and makes you look fabulous.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #5
Ooo, nice one, that made me laugh, but I kinda meant what its stats were.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Mostly, it just grants extra AP. Dikiyoba can't recall the exact stats.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #7
That sounds useful. Was there a sword artifact in a previous game?

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
The EC is quite decent armor, but the main point is that it adds 2 AP. This is basically license to kill, or at least it was under the old AP system — and I think Jeff had already worked out his artifacts for G4 before he decided he had to change the AP rules. Jeff probably removed it from G4 from a feeling that it was a bit overpowered. Or at least, powered enough that it was a must-do item for every player, so that after two games it was becoming monotonous.

But I basically found the G4 artifacts a bit disappointing in comparison with the items from previous games. None of them seemed to have the big kick of the EC or the Crystal Shroud from G3. And the ones with the big boost to 'radiance' aren't exactly helped by the fact that nobody has every identified anything that radiance does. Apart from looking fabulous.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
I really think that artifacts should be a bit overpowered. After all, what's the point of learning the recipes and running all over the place looking for super-rare items if they aren't substantially better than anything you could get from a slain boss or completed quest?

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #10
It would be cool if you could have your weapon be able to cast spells for Guardians and Shock Troopers.

--------------------
Theres a starman waiting in the sky
Hed like to come and meet us
But he thinks hed blow our minds
Theres a starman waiting in the sky
Hes told us not to blow it
Cause he knows its all worthwhile
He told me:
Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie

The game of life is hard to play

I'm gonna lose it anyway

The losing card I'll someday lay

so this is all I have to say.

Weve got five years, stuck on my eyes
Five years, what a surprise
Weve got five years, my brain hurts a lot
Five years, thats all weve got
Weve got five years, what a surprise
Five years, stuck on my eyes
Five years, what a surprise
Weve got five years, what a surprise
Five years
Five years
Five years
Five years
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #11
I want to see a super-powered food item, like umelting ice+solidified flame+belgian chocolate= the perfect m'n'm :D . Just kidding around, i want some like chest armor with a cool logo on it that grants you the ability to shape during combat, something i SO want to do. all the other shapers can, why not the player, i'd just send like a million explosive roamers:D getting a bit off-topic, but i have a question for you Dikoyba: why do you refer to yourself in third person e.x. Dikiyoba wasn't impressed with the three that are available.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
Because that's what Dikiyoba does.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #13
Nice one. I have to agree with Dikiyoba, though, on the part about the artifacts being more powerful. I actually use (and maybe perfer) the ornkskin guantlets to the gloves of savagery, though it's mostly because I use the gruesome charm and I need to make up for the lost endurance. But still you would think gloves made of gloves, poisonous blood and, for lack of a better term, magical skin would be better and provide better protection than gloves made from custom livestock.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #14
that's true, but if creations are chaged with essence, are their hides not magical skin as well?
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #15
That's true, but also think about it this way. The ornk was made of essense, but it no longer has it flowing through it because it cannot shape and is no longer being shaped, where as the skin was infused with essencse permanently to increase magical resistance, magic power, etc. (please don't comment about the spelling).

--------------------

My boss once told me, "Scream if it catches on fire."
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #16
but what if the magic that flowed through it was to increase resistances and other stuff. You can't just go POOF and have some random cloak become awesome, it has to be conditioned. If the gloves were conditioned to resist certain things, it must have took conditioning. So if you were to wear something liek drakonskin, should it not have all he resistance, intelligence and abillities of drakons, which you shoud be able to recharge by putting on because the essence flows through you?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
Given that most ornks are bred, I think it's safe to assume that once they are completely shaped, they become just like ordinary animals with no inherent magical abilities and that ornkskin gloves are just an Easter Egg.

And you're not seriously suggesting that making a pair of gloves from a Shaper or lifecrafter would automatically make an ordinary person good at shaping, are you?

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #18
no. i'm suggesting that the skin from a creature that was Shaped with certain intelligence and skills would be able to transfer their abilities to the wearer IF they can charge the skin with essence. A regular person would not be able to use the abilities because they can't charge the skin with essence again because they dont have the essence flowing through them.

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up-swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #19
Well you need to remember that it is just the skin. So I don't think it would make sense if a shaper put on drakon skin gloves and was able to spit fireballs (even though that's a cool idea). But it does make sense if they got all the resistances. Even if they made essense flow through the skin, that would just increase resistance, not allow fireballs. Drakons make fireballs, not drakon skin.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #20
well i want to be able to spit fireballs. that would probably be the best ability ever. i want that ability SO BAD! oh and the acid spit and the iceball........... what were we talking about?

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-
because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #21
Well I think you probably could make the character spit fire, ice, or acid if you changed the attack ability of the character in the itcharsgf4 file.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #22
that's true, but would that not cross with other things? and if i was changing the graphic i would probably be playing a creation but without the other abiulity's, but maybe i could make a artila have a stab motion. COOL!

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-
because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #23
Yeah see if you can make a battle alpha have a sword or armor.

By the way, what program reads the .exe files.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #24
exe? i dont think i have a program for it. they might have a seperate program for it as it probably contains stuff like how to override the demo that they dont wanna leave in the open

--------------------

Pages