Against all odds [May contain spoiler]

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Against all odds [May contain spoiler]
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #0
[May contain a spoiler, I don't know]

Okay, don't know if it's relevant to the storyline and you have to kill it, but I may have ran ahead a little bit.

So... Before even reaching Northforge I already took a shortcut into that big machine room it has, and found this corrupted unbound in the basement. With just short of 4000 hit points and the ability to kill 4 Drayks with a little over 450 health in a single hit I have absolutely no idea if it's even possible to eradicate this mutated creep.

Do I come back for it later, or stop pushing and wasting my time and instead leave it on the side?

(I doubt this is a big secret, knowing everyone loves to explore, don't you? But still, this seems like a big thing to me. If I ruined a possible secret you should have read the spoiler warning. Don't sue me, I don't have any money to sue out of me anyhow right now)

[ Tuesday, May 01, 2007 14:40: Message edited by: Nepharim ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
You can indeed beat this one, although it is difficult. You get a nice item for it. If you are having trouble, return when you are stronger.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #2
I'm level 35 though, from what I've heard I can't gain more than 10 levels from here on, right?

And is Turabi Gate actually a place you can pass? Everything there's dead, and the gates don't open.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
You cannot pass Turabi, neither can you pass the Western Morass.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
The easiest way to beat that unbound is to have a high health creation attack it and hang back out of range and heal your creation. Drakons, gazers, and kyshakks work best.

Did you use all the protection spells that you could on your drayks? You need to also try to get close enough to use essence shackles to slow it down so you have more time. It does more damage the longer you fight it.

The machinery to the south puts up an extremely tempoary damping field to help keep it from fighting you, but I never found it that useful.
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #5
Yeah, for some reason that machine doesn't work for longer than five seconds. And I can make up to two Drakons, but then I have 4 Essence left.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Try and corner or surround it so it uses melee attacks; they're significantly less deadly than its breath.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
One drakon is enough if you have some fire shaping items.

You just need something with over 600 health.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #8
Turabi Gate isn't passable because there is nowhere to go to. Looking in the Data folder I can only find 2 outdoors maps, the north and the south.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #9
What I think would be cool for G5 would be to revisit at least a few zones from one of the earlier games, naturally with dramatic changes. So for instance it would be cool if in G5 you could at some point walk through the Turabi gate.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00