Gazer/Eyebeast Immunities

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Gazer/Eyebeast Immunities
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #0
I was checking out the immunities of monsters in GF4, and I realized that something was missing.

Is anyone here aware that Gazers/Eyebeasts are immune to mental attacks, and also to ancillary acid/poison damage? Gazers/Eyebeasts are essentially the 'new searing artilas'!

Oh, and on a totally unrelated note, someone should tell the author of the GF4 FAQ that killing Uchilette will net you a Shaper Robe. It's great for a budding lifecrafter to have this robe in Chapter 2! :)

[ Sunday, April 01, 2007 04:14: Message edited by: Suspicious Vlish ]

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
If Gazers in G4 are overpowered eyeballs of death, then Gazers are still the old Gazers.

[ Sunday, April 01, 2007 05:29: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Suspicious Vlish:

someone should tell the author of the GF4 FAQ that killing Uchilette will net you a Shaper Robe. It's great for a budding lifecrafter to have this robe in Chapter 2! :)
For what it's worth, darn near everything of interest to be had from anywhere in the game is on the G4 Items List in my signature. The Shaper Robe you mention was on my list on my hard drive, but I hadn't updated the online list yet, so thanks for the reminder. It's there now.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
Technically, they aren't immune to either. The poison/acid "immunity" is at 80%, so they should still take some damage. Plus, it's a BUG -- ancillary poison and acid resistance is calculated with the magic resistance stat instead of the appropriate ones.

Their mental resistance starts at 90%, so it's unlikely anything will ever affect them. However, that's true of all the other 4th- and 5th-tier creations as well.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #4
For goodness sake.

Why do you quote figures to 'prove' actual gaming experience wrong? I know what I saw. I'm not hallucinating.

Gazers are IMMUNE to mental attacks. It says so in the scroll-bar "Gazer is immune to mental effects" whenever they are hit by an enemy daze, terror, dominate, etc.. If it was merely high resistance, then the scroll bar would say 'Gazer resists'.

As for the acid and poison ancillary damage, a Gazer doesn't even get the ancillary 'effect' status bestowed up on. Ergo. He isn't covered in poison or acid to begin with, despite the fact that it should be hit by an acid/poison ancillary attack.

I've tried hitting the Gazer with acid batons, venom baton, artila spit, and Rotgroth attacks (!), with NO ancillary status granted to the Gazer whatsoever. I wasn't wearing any gear which bestowed poison/acid/mental immunity on my creations.

Also note that the Rotgroth, king of acid, DOES have receive the acid/poison ancillary status, although he resists a measurable proportion.

I've only experimented with Gazers, not Eyebeasts.

So once again, I am forced to conclude that

1. Gazers are IMMUNE to mental attacks.

2. Gazers are IMMUNE to poison and acid.

Which is just further evidence as to why one should replace Wingbolts with Gazers.

[ Sunday, April 01, 2007 15:51: Message edited by: Suspicious Vlish ]

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #5
Oh, I've also discovered that ancillary lightning damage does not apply to Gazers (ie. If they are hit by a Kyshakk).

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!