Items to Keep

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Items to Keep
Apprentice
Member # 6769
Profile #0
I don't want a Spoiler answer but when do we find out what items we'll need to make new ones? It's hard to know what not to sell when I know some items were needed in previous games.

--------------------
I used to be Freya but had a sex-change operation when I changed providers and forgot my password and couldn't get back on this board as Freya!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
Recipes are spread throughout the game, and some of them are well-guarded. If you keep all the likely-looking items, you should be okay.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6769
Profile #2
OK, Thanks. There seems to be a lot more of certain items available in this game so I'm hoping it's okay to sell some of them but I'll keep a decent supply.

I'm glad more things can be doubled up in the pack and that the weight of the pack doesn't have to be a concern this time.

--------------------
I used to be Freya but had a sex-change operation when I changed providers and forgot my password and couldn't get back on this board as Freya!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Most of the items for artifact recipes are valued at 0 so you can't sell them. The only ones that will give you trouble are the quest items since not all the ones from previous games are needed this time.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Any Shaped Something equipment is worth holding onto, as are the many seemingly useless reagents, many of which appear in the forms of leaves, flasks, or round things. Generally speaking, if you can't figure out what it's for you should probably keep track of it for a while.

—Alorael, who got much less mileage out of item creation than he was expecting. Most of the way through the game there's nothing particularly good to make. The most he did was occasionally augment items he already found.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #5
There are a few excellent things to make late in the game, and I found them well worthwhile, especially if you have a melee sort of character who winds up in the thick of battle a lot. I have a written list of everything you can make in the game, and will type it up and post it at some point in the future.

One thing you will never need and may as well sell are Dried Herbs. They look special, but they're not.

EDIT: As ever, hold on to your Research Books.

EDIT 2: There are some great things to make to help shaper types too.

EDIT 3: Scales look like they might be something useful...but they're not.

-S-

[ Wednesday, November 22, 2006 16:17: Message edited by: Servile Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt