Creation Rights

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Creation Rights
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
Just because the creations can't usually talk back is no reason to abuse and misue them. They are more intelligent than we give them credit. For example in Rivergate Keep when you first meet Shaper Duncan:

"When you find this Shaper, he is adjusting a piece of equipment, using a living tool to carefully bend a piece of piping in place. The tentacles of the tool shape the metal, while the creature squeaks in annoyance. The job done, he sets aside the tool (which tries to drag itself away) and says, _I am Shaper Duncan, keeper of this place. Greetings. I was told that you might be stopping in._"

For those that still think that we are above mere creations and using the Geneforge makes it even more so. When meeting Shaper Grim:

question = "You are being forced to deal with me?";
text1 = "_Of course. In my eyes, once you were warped by the Geneforge, you became a creation. You fall under the control of the Shapers. To be commanded, or, if rogue, destroyed._";
text2 = "_Of course. You are a creation. In my eyes, you are to be commanded, not aided, or parleyed with. Only your special utility to our cause gives you a measure of independence._";
text3 = "_And, of course, I believe you are working for us out of greed for power or fear of death. You do not owe true allegiance to our cause._";

question = "You will even keep your word to a creation?";
text1 = "This question gives him pause. _Probably. Or we may command you to release us from our word and, when you refuse, deem you a rogue and destroy you._";
text2 = "_It is not my affair._ He smirks. _But I would recommend against making any long-term plans._";

question = "You don't think that I am loyal?";
text1 = "_It is not that. It is just that I don't care whether you are loyal or not. I care no more about your motivations than, say, the deep desires of a squirrel._";
text2 = "_You are a thing I interact with. That is all._";

Guess what, now you are the creation.